The Trefaldwyn Chronicle - Dark Ages Pathfinder

Shayuri

First Post
Myfanwy's gaze bounced from one to the other as they sparred, a little taken aback by how...human...they sounded. Was it an act, she wondered? Something to put them at ease? Or were the Good Folk not so different as the stories made them seem?

Or, like humans, did they simply come in all manner of dispositions?

"Peace," she says, holding up a hand with a smile. "Peace, I pray. There are heroes to be found in small things as well as great, for those with the will to give freely of themselves in times of need. We don't know yet what we'll find, but saving even one life will put your name in the songs of a household...if that's what you seek."

Nidhogg

First Post
A slight smile crosses Gunnar's face as he listens to the others bicker before he replies. "I trust you're prepared for the road?" He cuts his eyes towards the elves before returning to his own preparations.

Fenris

Adventurer
A slight smile crosses Gunnar's face as he listens to the others bicker before he replies. "I trust you're prepared for the road?" He cuts his eyes towards the elves before returning to his own preparations.

"The road is prepared for us in either case, if you are on your way out, then yes, we need not rest and can accompany you directly" replies Fianol

Dr Simon

Explorer
Lord Meirion looks back at the group.

"Between me and God," he says, "I don't care why you've agreed to help, as long as you can help. Now come on, Dinas Hydd is a tough journey in this snow. Thank you again cousin for your hospitality and the..." he glances around the group again, still doubtful, "... assistance."

The journey is , indeed, a struggle through drifts of snow across the hills from Dinas Derwen, but the weather remains clear, albeit overcast, and by evening the group reaches Dinas Hydd, the Fort of the Stag. Smaller than Dinas Derwen, but with much the same layout - a grand hall, smaller family huts, all surrounded by a palisaded embankment and defensive ditch. Dinas Hydd looks down over the wooden valley of the Hafren.

"You'll be staying in the Great Hall as my guests," says Lord Meirion. "My cooks should have prepared some supper for us. Brother Breandan will be leading Vespers shortly, although I suspect that will be of little interest to any of you." He gestures to a small stone building. "My chapel," he says. "You may wish to consult with Brother Breandan about his attempts to exorcise this spirit that haunts us."

Kaodi

Hero
Gwyneira is stronger than her appearance might suggest, but not particularly tougher, and the journey through the snows takes enough of a toll on her. Once they are inside Dinas Hydd she does her best to shake off some of the accumulated snow from her furs as she looks around. "Yes, I believe we should speak with Brother Breandan," she says, quivering slightly from the cold, "That can wait until afterwards though. After today's journey I could use a warm meal. And a nice evening prayer does not sound uninviting either."

Nidhogg

First Post
"Aye! A warm meal, some ale, and a warm body will do for now." Gunnar takes a quick inventory of the barmaids and serving wench's scattered around the room.

Fenris

Adventurer
"I agree, some food and wine will ease the miles from us. Then I agree with Gwyneira that we should see the priest." adds Fianol

Dr Simon

Explorer
The group are seated at the long tables in the hall of Dinas Hydd, and food (venison, bread, cheese and some spiced stewed apple) is brought to them, along with drink - hot spiced wine. Gunnar surveys the serving wenches, but all seem downcast and uninviting. As do the other people in the hall, it would seem.

Although the hearth is warm and the food is good, the company lacks the life of Lord Llewellyn's court. People sit alone, or in small groups talking in quiet voices. No bard lightens the mood with music or story.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases