Kim Mohan & Others Retire from WotC

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Kim Mohan retired yesterday from WotC. He's been with TSR (and then WotC) since 1979! Amongst his jobs at the company, he's been Editor-in-Chief of DRAGON Magazine, and Lead Editor, then managing Editor D&D 3E. He worked on Unearthed Arcana, and the Wilderness Survival Guide for AD&D 1st Edition, and many other product over the years since. I don't think I'd be exaggerating if I said he is almost as much part of D&D's blood as Gygax and Arneson are.

Also retiring yesterday was Leeds Chamberlain, Snr. Mgr. Strategic Operations at WotC; and Angie Lokotz, graphic designer who worked on Planescape.

The 7 remaining TSR folks (now only 5) were: Angie Lokotz, Bruce R Cordell, Steven Winter, Mark Painter, Dawn Murin and Kim Mohan. So it's just Bruce R Cordell, Steven Winter, Mark Painter, and Dawn Murin now.

469144_10152360789911988_2048227286_o.jpg

Last edited:

chewie93

First Post
I met Kim 10 years ago when interviewing for an editing job at WotC. In addition to being a really nice guy, it was very obvious how much he loved D&D. Best to him in his retirement.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Wow, I've been seeing Kim's name in the books since I started playing the game. It really won't be the same without him there.

Klaus

First Post
I was lucky enough to sit down with Kim during last GenCon to hammer out stuff in two of my Dragon articles ("Lord Soth" and "Winning Races: Bladelings"). His contributions to D&D can't be overstated.

Good luck to him, Angie and Leeds on their future endeavours!

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
The 7 remaining TSR folks (now only 5) were: Angie Lokotz, Bruce R Cordell, Steven Winter, Mark Painter, Dawn Murin and Kim Mohan. So it's just Bruce R Cordell, Steven Winter, Mark Painter, and Dawn Murin now.
Who's number 5?

Remove ads