WotC's Kim Mohan Retires; reviews of THE LOST DUTCHMAN and SEASONS; plus Why Do You DM?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frazzled
    A "Drizzit" Type-Thing (Lvl 28)

Reviews
    Read 24 Reviews
    EN World EN5ider13th AgeSupermanCircvs MaximvsENniesPathfinderZEITGEISTDoctor Who

Block Morrus

Friend+

WotC's Kim Mohan Retires; reviews of THE LOST DUTCHMAN and SEASONS; plus Why Do You DM?

Dungeons & Dragons News

• Kim Mohan retired yesterday from WotC. He's been with TSR (and then WotC) since 1979! Amongst his jobs at the company, he's been Editor-in-Chief of DRAGON Magazine, and Lead Editor, then managing Editor for D&D 3E. He worked on Unearthed Arcana, and the Wilderness Survival Guide for AD&D 1st Edition, and many other products over the years since. I don't think I'd be exaggerating if I said he is almost as much part of D&D's blood as Gygax and Arneson are. Also retiring yesterday was Leeds Chamberlain, Snr. Mgr. Strategic Operations at WotC. [threadcm]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?337265-Kim-Mohan-amp-Others-Retire-from-WotC[/threadcm]
    • Dungeon #214 -- "This month, we get to explore one of the first D&D dungeons ever created and experience it in a whole new light: featuring the Dungeon! Fantasy Board Game. Plus, the Elder Elemental Eye! We proudly present for your gaming pleasure, Dungeon 214!"

Pathfinder RPG News

• Hey, did you know Pathfinder designer Jason Bulmahn has been writing a series of "Monster Focus" PDFs? He's covered mummies and gravelings, amongst others, under the banner of Minotaur Games. The books contain monster variants, items, feats, spells, adventure hooks, and more.
    • Today on the Paizo Blog: Erik Mona reveals two new minis from the upcoming Pathfinder Battles: Skull & Shackles set.

Name:  WhalebonePilk.jpg
Views: 23171
Size:  34.2 KB

EN World News

• Radiating Gnome wants to know Why Do You DM? "I double dog dare you to write your own Game Master's statement and share it in the comments." [threadcm]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?337262-Gamehackery-Why-Do-You-DM[/threadcm]
    • Check out our boardgame reviews of The Lost Dutchman and the CCG Seasons.

Roleplaying Games News

• Preview art draft by Aaron McConnell from 13 True Ways, featuring two of the BIG monsters.

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

Block Klaus

Friend+
    Angie Lokotz, longtime D&D graphic designer (responsible, among other things, for Planescape), also retired.

Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    WotBSZEITGEIST

Block RangerWickett

Friend+
    There's someone who was working at WotC ever since the TSR days? And she got to retire, rather than taking a 'perpetual Christmas vacation'? That's astounding.

Congrats to Kim and the others. Very cool to have worked that long in D&D, and quite amazing to make it to retirement in the current WotC corporate culture.

Slumbering in Tsar
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

Block DaveMage

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerWickett View Post
    There's someone who was working at WotC ever since the TSR days? And she got to retire, rather than taking a 'perpetual Christmas vacation'? That's astounding.
    I was thinking the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Olgar Shiverstone View Post
    Congrats to Kim and the others. Very cool to have worked that long in D&D, and quite amazing to make it to retirement in the current WotC corporate culture.
    It wasn't uninterrupted. He quit in 1986 when Gary was forced out, and then rejoined a few years later when New Infinities went bankrupt. Still, it says a lot about how valued his work was that he was allowed back in, given how acrimonious the legal stuff between Gary and Lorraine got.

MissileTrajectory
    Wow! Only 5 TSR types left!

Frazzled
    A "Drizzit" Type-Thing (Lvl 28)

Reviews
    Read 24 Reviews
    EN World EN5ider13th AgeSupermanCircvs MaximvsENniesPathfinderZEITGEISTDoctor Who

Block Morrus

Friend+
    Anyone know how many TSR staff were brought over when WotC bought the company?

What's this about the Dungeon! board game in Dungeon magazine? Do they have it converted for D&D, or is it just an article about the game? (I've loved the game since the 1970s, and now I play the new version with my almost-six-year-old regularly.)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerWickett View Post
    He....got to retire
    Awesome guy....met him once at a Gen Con in Milwaukee

Quick Reply Quick Reply