WotC's Kim Mohan Retires; reviews of THE LOST DUTCHMAN and SEASONS; plus Why Do You DM?

[h=3]Dungeons & Dragons News[/h]
  • Kim Mohan retired yesterday from WotC. He's been with TSR (and then WotC) since 1979! Amongst his jobs at the company, he's been Editor-in-Chief of DRAGON Magazine, and Lead Editor, then managing Editor for D&D 3E. He worked on Unearthed Arcana, and the Wilderness Survival Guide for AD&D 1st Edition, and many other products over the years since. I don't think I'd be exaggerating if I said he is almost as much part of D&D's blood as Gygax and Arneson are. Also retiring yesterday was Leeds Chamberlain, Snr. Mgr. Strategic Operations at WotC. [threadcm]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?337265-Kim-Mohan-amp-Others-Retire-from-WotC[/threadcm]
  • Dungeon #214 -- "This month, we get to explore one of the first D&D dungeons ever created and experience it in a whole new light: featuring the Dungeon! Fantasy Board Game. Plus, the Elder Elemental Eye! We proudly present for your gaming pleasure, Dungeon 214!"

[h=3]Pathfinder RPG News[/h]
  • Hey, did you know Pathfinder designer Jason Bulmahn has been writing a series of "Monster Focus" PDFs? He's covered mummies and gravelings, amongst others, under the banner of Minotaur Games. The books contain monster variants, items, feats, spells, adventure hooks, and more.
  • Today on the Paizo Blog: Erik Mona reveals two new minis from the upcoming Pathfinder Battles: Skull & Shackles set.

WhalebonePilk.jpg

[h=3]EN World News[/h]
  • Radiating Gnome wants to know Why Do You DM? "I double dog dare you to write your own Game Master's statement and share it in the comments." [threadcm]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?337262-Gamehackery-Why-Do-You-DM[/threadcm]
  • Check out our boardgame reviews of The Lost Dutchman and the CCG Seasons.

[h=3]Roleplaying Games News[/h]
  • Preview art draft by Aaron McConnell from 13 True Ways, featuring two of the BIG monsters.

Klaus

First Post
Angie Lokotz, longtime D&D graphic designer (responsible, among other things, for Planescape), also retired.

There's someone who was working at WotC ever since the TSR days? And she got to retire, rather than taking a 'perpetual Christmas vacation'? That's astounding.

(un)reason

Legend
Congrats to Kim and the others. Very cool to have worked that long in D&D, and quite amazing to make it to retirement in the current WotC corporate culture.

It wasn't uninterrupted. He quit in 1986 when Gary was forced out, and then rejoined a few years later when New Infinities went bankrupt. Still, it says a lot about how valued his work was that he was allowed back in, given how acrimonious the legal stuff between Gary and Lorraine got.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
What's this about the Dungeon! board game in Dungeon magazine? Do they have it converted for D&D, or is it just an article about the game? (I've loved the game since the 1970s, and now I play the new version with my almost-six-year-old regularly.)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases