HUGE Doctor Who news coming tonight! [Spoilers]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
At least, according to Bleeding Cool:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06...coming-tonight-and-heres-what-we-think-it-is/

The BBC have sent out an embargoed press release stuffed with big Doctor Who news. I didn’t get it so I don’t know what it contains. On the other hand, I’m not under embargo. I don’t mind keeping embargoes at all, but when I’m not under one… well, then I’ not going to follow somebody else’s.

So I can tell you what I’ve been hearing for a little while now.

According to our sources, the BBC are tonight going to announce that Matt Smith is leaving the show and that we’ll get a new Doctor as of August next year. They’ll also be announcing how many new episodes we’ll get, and it won’t be one of those cut-in-two seasons like we’ve just been through. In fact, we’ve heard talk that it’s going to run right up to a finale that is also the Christmas special.

If they have cast the new Doctor already – and we think that they have, or they at least have a somebody in the frame – the actor’s identity doesn’t appear to be part of the official announcement. I wonder if they’ve been included in the 50th anniversary special?

It seems like Jenna-Louise Coleman is staying with the show, that I’m not clear on for how long. Steven Moffat has definitely been re-upped. John Hurt is also expected to make a few more appearances after the 50th special.

Everything else… guesswork for now. Let’s see what the BBC have sent out when somebody is happy to share. There’s over five hours of embargo time left, at time of writing, but I expect somebody will go early.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Its clearly going to be one of the guys on Top Gear (James May would be perfect, but a tad mature, so...Richard Hammond?) or Irdis Elba. I mean, who else could it be?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Thing is, Matt Smith has said that he starts filming on Series 8 in December or January.

Anyone know the production time lag on Doctor Who?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've always wanted Paterson Joseph. And not just because he has a first name for a last name and a last name for a first name!

Other than that, I'd just like to see someone in their 40s with a bit of gravity. Maybe someone ginger.

Will Doyle

Explorer
One of the blogs I follow suggested Bill Bailey as the next doctor. I was initially skeptical, but now I can't think of anyone better.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
One of the blogs I follow suggested Bill Bailey as the next doctor. I was initially skeptical, but now I can't think of anyone better.

I really doubt it!

I heard a rumour about a Ben somebody whose name I forget. Ginger. In some cop show I think. I hadn't heard of him.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases