Proposal: Animal Archive

Satin Knights

First Post
This is a relatively new book by Paizo. Although I haven't read all of it yet, it looks interesting. Between Galandra getting a kitty and Gemma starting as a witch, maybe we judges should look over this book for inclusion in our approved sources list.

Okay I read it. Nothing seems over the top. A lot of it looks interesting. Animals having their own archetypes. :lol:

soulnova

Explorer
Yes, I was just reading it. I don't know what else I could use on Mika besides the Boon Companion feat. I'm still very new with the animal companion thing. xP

Satin Knights

First Post
A big part of the usefulness of the book is tricks. Right now, you have Mika with Attack, Down, Seek, Fetch, Track, Heel and Defend. The new tricks that would be quite useful are Flank, Hunt, Watch and Aid.

I would swap Down for Flank, because Heel can be used just the same to stop the cat from attacking. Well, it would return to you as well as stopping its attack. I would swap Seek for Hunt and Fetch for Watch. You could pick up Aid next level. Menace will be good later when Mika isn't a small creature, taking a penalty.

Also look again at page 22. The Bodyguard (Companion Archetype) looks very interesting.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I haven't seen much of this so I didn't feel qualified to comment. I'll try to take a look at it so I have something constructive to add.

jkason

First Post
Just got my hands on a copy, so I can't say anything as of yet, but just a quick glance has me actually thinking there's a cavalier archetype that makes them interesting to me for LPF (huntmaster), though I imagine mechanically it's probably an underpowered druid Pack Lord. :)

jkason

First Post
Okay. Finished perusing. The only thing I saw is that the Valet familiar archetype swaps out an ability for Cooperative Crafting. Since there's no crafting in LPF, I think it's a simple thing to say that archetype just keeps the Alertness, though, without invalidating the whole archetype. If folks are onboard with that, it gets my YES

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I've given it a good once over and don't see anything too wild. Thanks for pointing out the Crafting thingy, jkason, I'd missed that. I'll also give it my YES with the solution given by jkason.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases