Free Hit Points; Running Epic Tier Games for FREE; plus DOGS playing D&D; and What's Your Go-To GMing Adv

[h=3]Dungeons & Dragons News[/h]
  • Hit My Points by Mike Mearls - Time and again Mike has touched on the topic of healing and hit points in D&D Next. This week, he revisits hit points and goes over some healing options the game could provide.

[h=3]Roleplaying Games News[/h]
  • Mekton Zero is a complete anime mecha RPG designed to be compatible with Mekton Zeta and to immerse you in the Archipelago War (Kickstarter).
  • Kobold Press has released The Expanded Monk & Ninja for Pathfinder. It includes new archetypes, ki-based feats, martial arts styles, tricks, and weapons.
  • You can now pre-order Gnome Stew's Odyssey: The Complete Game Master's Guide to Lengthy Book Titles... er... Campaign Management! It's also been reviewed by a few websites listed on the product page, as is a 19-page preview! It's $24.95,m 210 pages. "Odyssey is jam-packed with in-depth advice on starting, managing, and ending campaigns. Whether you’re an old hand or are new to game mastering, you’ll find a wealth of tips and techniques you can put to immediate use in Odyssey. To our knowledge, Odyssey is the first system-neutral book solely dedicated to the art of managing campaigns."
  • Skimisher Bookforge was announced this weekend. The idea is to buy gaming content as micro-transactions (like the EN World Gamestore did, years ago, if you remember back that far!) - so you'd buy a feat or a magic item rather than an entire sourcebook.

[h=3]Community News[/h]

[h=3]Boardgaming News[/h]
  • Future Proof, the sixth and final Data Pack in the Genesis Cycle for Android: Netrunner The Card Game, is now available at your local retailer.
  • The Drúadan Forest, the second Adventure Pack in the Against the Shadow cycle for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, is also now available at your local retailer.
  • Play Board Games has an extensive review of the game Bora Bora.
  • Crocodile Games, makers of the often under appreciated Wargods of Aegyptus have launched a Kickstarter for their next venture, Wargods of Olympus. They've already raised $31k from an initital ask of $25k so we can expect numnerous stretch goals over the next 27 days.

[h=3]Dogs Playing D&D[/h]
If this isn't the best Kickstarter ever, it's certainly one of them. Dogs playing D&D. Like those dogs who play poker. But D&D. For a $20 pledge, you can get a full-color, 19" x 26" poster.

photo-main.jpg

[h=3]What's your Favourite Gaming Advice Resource?[/h]
Today's news included a couple of "GMing Advice" books - Sly Flourish's excellent Running Epic Tier Games, and Gnome Stew's upcoming Odyssey. They're far from the only such books, though. What's your go-to source for GMing (or playing) advice or theory? What would you recommend to others? Let me know in the comments!

G

Gamebook

Robin Laws GM advice book is the one everyone recommends to me. Haven't got it yet though.

Armadillo

Explorer
Robin's Laws, The Hero with a Thousand Faces, the climax of Return of the Jedi (for how to jump cut and run split parties). Also, I recommend taking down five of your favorite game books and reading their sections on GMing. Reading those sections back-to-back can illuminate generally agreed upon GM techniques as well as techniques that are specific to that game/genre/author.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
That's exceptionally awesome of Mike Shea to release his book for free. My hat is off to him for his act of generosity!

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases