Chicago Gameday 35 EVENT PLANNING (G35 is on July 13th)

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Time: Morning slot
Game system: Deniable Asset
Event Title: Hiding in the Mosque

Description: You awake in a hotel room. The sounds from outside of a bustling city let you know you are somewhere in a civilized part of the world. Groggily you rise as if from too long a sleep. Aside from a set of clothes picked out for you there is nothing except a note on the desk. The desk light is on, reflecting brightly on the glossy paper.

"Dear Agent:

As an agent of the Bureau your job, your duty, is to carry out the missions assigned to you: period. You do not question. You do not second guess. You do not apply ethics or morals to your actions. There is a much larger picture here and there are men in charge of that larger picture. You are insulated from them. They are insulated from you. You know only what you need to know to carry out your responsibilities. This is necessary for the safety of the Bureau, its purpose and the future of global security.

Welcome to the Bureau.

Sincerely,

Your Section Chief.

cc.

Bureau Chief"

Image: I'll leave that up to you Buzz
Content Rating: Adults Only
Number of Players: 4

Tim C Koppang

First Post
Mark, thanks for reserving me a slot while I was away!

I will be running Marshall Burns' game, The Rustbelt. It will be for adults only, 3 players maximum. I may have some additional details to come, but for now, I'll simply include an excerpt from the back cover text:

---

Life here is nasty, brutish, and short. The Rust slowly eats everything away. It wears a man down. Corrodes him. Changes him. Makes him do things he wouldn’t think himself capable of. If you had to, wouldn’t you?

It’s a hard world, and you gotta pay for what you want. Sometimes the price is so hideous it makes you think twice, but it might be your only chance. The Rust whispers in your ear, “C’mon, do the math.”

So, how much are you willing to pay? What are you willing to do? What are you willing to become?

You gotta go a long way in the ‘Belt to find a good man.

buzz

Adventurer
Mark, thanks for reserving me a slot while I was away!

I will be running Marshall Burns' game, The Rustbelt. It will be for adults only, 3 players maximum.
Very cool! I've noted this in the fist post.

We're at a healthy six and six for morning and afternoon events, but it'd be great to fill out both of them to eight apiece. I'll give it a day or so before throwing my hat into the ring.

willowx

First Post
EXPLODING KINGDOMS: MANA CRISIS

Time: PM

System: EXPLODING KINGDOMS

Exploding Kingdoms is a game in development by yours truly. It was playtested at Forge Midwest under the working title of 4thbreaker. It takes tactical combat, interesting powers, gonzo character creation options, turns it up to 11, and takes out everything that slows down the game. This is a playtest.

Description: MANA CRISIS

The ancient Manatorium is leaking raw mana! Strange mutated creatures of pure elemental energy are escaping. Do you have what it takes to venture inside and repair the leaking Mana Batteries?

Content Rating: Adults and up please. Experience with tactical games like D&D 4th edition or Descent are a plus.

Number of Players: Up to 6 worthy adventurers.

Table Preference: Not a tall table. Not in the way back of the room so I don't have to lug my maps and minis is nice.

Image: I'll just leave this here.
2322810192_18164d66cf.jpg

buzz

Adventurer
EXPLODING KINGDOMS: MANA CRISIS

Time: PM
Added! That is awesome!

I've also added myself to the roster; I'll be running Tenra Bansho Zero in the afternoon slot. This gives us eight events in the afternoon, so consider the afternoon fully booked.

What we need now is two more morning events, ideally. Who wants to step up?

Fairman Rogers

First Post
This was mentioned to me by Kurt at Games Plus, and I would love to grab that last slot if possible.

Time: Morning slot (Two separate 2-hour scenarios with a short break between)

Game system: Savage Worlds
Event Title (1): Steamscapes: Automatic Murder

Description: An inventor's exhibition of a new automaton becomes the scene of a foul and mysterious crime! A steampunk murder mystery in the world of Steamscapes:North America.

Event Title (2): Steamscapes: Rivalry

Description:
A Wells Fargo stagecoach has been robbed of its very sensitive cargo, and it’s up to you to get it back! A steampunk adventure in the world of Steamscapes:North America.

Content Rating: Kid Friendly
Number of Players: 6

Last edited:

Remove ads