[Adventure] Madness at Gardmore Abbey

Son of Meepo

First Post
Deciding to go on foot you make your way to the abbey you set off from Daunton to the northwest. As you reach the foothills, the sun is starting to dip below the cliff line on the horizon. It will soon be time to make camp or else you will have to continue on through the darkness.

GM: I need to know if you plan to make camp or continue traveling through the night. If you do camp, what preparations do you intend to make?

Dekana

Explorer
Eva's remains cheerful during the long walk. Along the way, she eagerly examines patches of colorful flowers and rushes over to meet the occasional grazing sheep. More than once, she has to run to catch up with the other adventurers.

"This looks like a good place to stop for the night," Eva says as she points to a completely arbitrary spot in the foothills. "And we'll need to watch for the orcs, right? So, like, let's take turns at that."

OOC: I want to make some kind of preparation for an orc attack... Any chance I could make a snare or some other simple trap? I get an 11 on the nature check with a natural 1, hehe. (1d20+10=11)

Eva has low-light vision, so she'll prefer a watch in the early evening or late morning.

Edit: And yeah, I prefer making camp rather than traveling all night.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"It is night? Didn't we start in the morning? I can stand guard whenever, but I'd actually prefer uninterrupted sleep so either first or last guard if that's alright with you?"

Mewness

First Post
"We should find some, some higher ground if possible," suggests Papolstaanas, looking around for a spot that is reasonably flat but that would offer a good view of potential attackers.

[sblock=preparations etc]Perception, looking for camping spot
9(1d20) +14 = 23

Papolstaanas has recently discovered that he has darkvision (bing!), so he's happy to watch during the darkest part of the night. He's got high Perception, too.

If we make a fire he'll try to shield it to make it less visible from far away (although his Nature skill is not exactly the greatest).[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc to Neurotic]@Neurotic Because Papolstaanas and Illarion were in an adventure together but it never finished, I'm wondering whether you'd prefer that we roleplay them as having a previous acquaintance or not. I'm happy either way. If we assume that the stuff in Murder at Midnight actually happened, then Papolstaanas already knows that Illarion is a shapeshifter, etc. Otherwise he's as ignorant as everyone else.[/sblock]

Neurotic

[sblock=Mewness] [MENTION=14889]Mewness[/MENTION], totally forgot about that, sorry...

I don't mind that they know each other, I don't expect Papolstaanas sharing it with everyone :) . I remember I revealed myself as we discussed the judge...prematurely obviously.
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=Neurotic]Papolstaanas wouldn't necessarily try to share it with everyone, but he's a terrible liar and not at all good at keeping secrets.[/sblock]

"I can be awake anytime. Let me know when is my turn." speaks dragon monk making himself cozy bed in the branches of a tree

OOC: [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], [MENTION=14889]Mewness[/MENTION], may I suggest you discuss it over personal messages? I get e-mail update and read it and formatting is ofcourse ignored and mostly I just read over few rows before knowing or even noticing it's formatted as sblock...of course, given that Illarion is long standing character and neurotic is not really hiding the fact out of the game I guess all or most of the PLAYERS know and CHARACTERS won't react to that fact.

Neurotic

OOC: It's not nice to read other peoples blocks...true I don't hide Illarions race out of game, DMs at the very least must know, but in-game it's a dearly held secret and I ask you to respect that. I revealed him in every adventure somehow so the circle of people that know is growing. Maybe someone will be so kind to create an adventure featuring Brotherhood of the Seven Stars and Illarions growing power :)

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=watches]Is three watches enough? I suggest Drew and Illarion, then Papolstaanas and Merri, then Eva and Joy last, just to get a plan out there.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases