[Adventure] Madness at Gardmore Abbey

Dekana

Explorer
As Eva enjoys the sight of the lilacs, she suddenly senses danger. She turns around and spots an incoming fire bomb! In the blink of an eye, she raises her staff and projects a wall of force in front of her. The projectile slams into the wall and explodes, leaving Eva unscathed.

She yells to the orc that attacked her, "What the - ? Are you trying to set these flowers on FIRE?" Eva's playful, ditsy demeanor immediately fades. Her gaze becomes icy cold and she grips her staff tightly. She shouts in fury, "I'll send you to hell - and worse!!"

Eva points at one of the prone orcs still dazed from her last attack. Wisps of dark, necrotic energy swirl around her fingertips and then fly off into the ground beside the orc. Immediately, a pair of skeletal hands punch up from the very soil. The rest of the animated skeleton claws itself free from the earth and then stands over the orc. The skeleton lashes out at the orc, pummeling it with its bony fists, laughing insanely the whole time. "HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Not content with just the skeleton, Eva points her staff at the orc who lobbed the firebomb. A floating jet-black portal forms in front of the orc. Papolstaanas is close enough to the portal to hear faint tortured screams coming from it, and he smells foul brimstone from its direction. Seconds later, a large green creature with over-sized fists steps out of the portal and onto this plane of existence. The demon screams in an insane rage as it slams into the two nearby orcs, digging its claws into both of them.

Finally, Eva redirects her staff at one of the brutes circling around closer to her. She conjures an orb of blinding colors and sends it flying at him. It makes contact with the orcs head, searing him and leaving him dazed.

OOC: Phew, that was a busy turn. Eva has summoned some friends to help. (I figure that since we were about to take an extended rest, this is a good time to go all-out.)

[sblock=Eva actions / stats]Immediate Interrupt: I'll use Shield to turn that first Fire Bomb vs Eva into a miss. She doesn't take the 8 damage, so she's back up to 46/50 hp.

Minor: Summon Shadow Servant in N9. Its stats are just below Eva's in this post. Basically, it uses Eva's defenses and it can make opportunity attacks.

Standard: Shadow Servant Attack vs OB3 misses AC 16. (1d20+12+2=16; 2d8+5=15)
-Free: Elven Accuracy to reroll that. Now it hits AC 21 for 15 damage and OB3 cannot shift until the end of its next turn. It's also dying. (1d20+12+2=21)

Minor: Summon Dretch in R6. Its stats are also below Eva's in this post. Unlike the skeleton, the dretch cannot make OAs.

AP-Standard: Color Orb vs OB1 hits Reflex 19 for 15 radiant damage and dazed UENT Eva. (1d20+11=19; 1d8+7=15)

End of turn: Since Eva hasn't given the Dretch any commands this turn, it acts on its intrinsic nature. It makes its basic attack, which is melee 1 (one or two creatures). (rolls)
  • vs OA1 hits Reflex 27 for 12 damage.
  • vs OB4 hits Reflex 21 for 11 damage.
In addition, Eva takes 1d6+2 damage each time she takes a standard or move action before the end of her next turn.

Eva- Female Elf Mage 6
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 13
AC:22, Fort:20, Reflex:23, Will:19, Resist: 3 ongoing damage -- Speed:7
HP:46/50, Bloodied:25, Surge Value:12, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +4
Action Points: 0

Shadow Skeleton
AC:22, Fort:20, Reflex:23, Will:19, Immune: disease, poison -- Speed:6
HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:0/0
Attack: +12 vs AC, 2d8+5 damage and the target cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: +14 vs AC, 2d8+7 damage and the target cannot shift until the end of its next turn.

Dretch
AC:22, Fort:20, Reflex:23, Will:19, Speed:5
HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:0/0
Attack (1 or 2 creatures): +11 vs Reflex, 2d6+7 damage.
No OA.
On death: If killed, creatures adjacent to the dretch take 5 poison damage.

Conditions
Summoned: Shadow Servant
Summoned: Dretch
Intrinsic Nature (Dretch): 1d6+2 damage whenever Eva takes a standard or move action next turn.
Symbiosis (Dretch): Potential extra damage with Eva's at-will or basic attacks (not relevant at the moment).

Powers
Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Hypnotism, Restless Dead, Magic Missile
Color Orb, Color Spray, Darkening Flame, Elven Accuracy, Second Wind, Shield, Spook, Winged Step
Power Jewel, Summon Dretch, Summon Shadow Servant

[sblock=spellbook]Encounter (2): Color Spray (3), Cordon of Bones (3), Darkening Flame (1), Ray of Enfeeblement (1)
Daily (2): Glitterdust (5), Spirit Rend (1), Summon Dretch (1), Summon Shadow Servant (5)
Utility (2): Shield (2), Summon Iron Cohort (5), Summon Shadow Serpent (2), Winged Step (5)[/sblock]Notes: +2 damage rolls vs bloodied targets, gain CA in first turn, no OAs from ranged/area attacks, melee 2 reach with staff.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Chaos Seed (1d6=4)

[sblock="Seed of Chaos"]
After the attack is resolved, roll 1d6. Triggering character gains following benefit:
1: The character gains +2 power bonus to attack rolls TENT Illarion 2: The target of the attack takes 2 extra damage each time it is hit with an attack TENT Illarion 3: The character gains +2 power bonus to speed TENT Illarion 4: The target of the attack grants CA TENT Illarion 5: The character can make a basic attack as a free action
6: The target of the attack cannot shift TENT Illarion
[/sblock]
I've rolled attack before I saw Eva's post and that OB3 is dying so I'll re-roll different attack

Last edited:

Neurotic

"You will regret this, orc."

The sorcerer explodes with scintillating bolt, fire burst and small pelet of chaos, but the damage done is unproportionally small to the power unleashed. Still, he moves closer into the melee.

"If you can, move the orcs next to me for some extra burning!"

OOC: very low rolls and not even natural 1 to do some pushing rolls 4, 2, 3, 9, 2 :( - HELLOO!

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Seed of Chaos
Standard: Chaos Bolt vs OB1 Will; psychic damage (1d20+10+2=16, 1d10+12=21) - miss,
Free: Good timing re-roll vs OB1 (1d20+10+2=22) - hit OB1 for 21 psychic
Secondary attack: Chaos bolt secondary vs OB4 Will; psychic damage (1d20+10=12, 1d6+7=12) - miss - I cannot roll above 10 :(
Move: O9
AP: Flame spiral vs OB1 ref; OB4 Ref; OB2 Ref; fire damage (1d20+10+2=15, 1d20+10=19, 1d20+10=12, 1d10+12=17) - hit OB4 for 17

Flame spiral aura (1d6+7=12) - FOR EACH SQUARE OF MOVEMENT THROUGH! (@Son of Meepo, not sure if you wanna roll for every square separately? I've added single instance of 12 damage to all in the aura that entered it)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Although they only met earlier, Merri was really fond of kobolds since her time spend with Ignus. She tried quite hard to talk to the halting Papolstaanas during their walk. Even though he was different than Ignus the brave, Merri liked him quite a bit.

When she saw the mean, ol' orc swinging his mean ol' axe thingy at him she braced for the blow. When Papolstaanas was hit, Merri cried out in pain, sharing the blow.

"Don't you worry, Papolstaanas, we're in this together!"
The little kobold feels Merri's words like new found strength.

After the scary looking skeleton, who looked like it was following Eva's commands for now, pummeled the orc in front of her, she decided to move the fire throwing orc instead. "You better not try to burn those flowers, buddy."

Using her new abilities to extend her influence on other people's auras, Merri reaches out and grabs a tendril of the orcs aura, picking a pleasant one (first orc kiss... gross! all teeth clattering together... gross!) and pulls him to her using his own emotion. As he approaches, Merri twists and rips the aura, absorbing it into herself and the fire lobbing orc screams in pain.

[sblock=actions]
Prior to Turn: Sympathetic Agony: Immediate Interrupt: Papolstaanas takes half damage from the attack: 25/2= 12, effectively healing him for 13. There are no conditions for Merri to take on for him but they both gain +2 to all defenses TENT as long as they are within 5 squares of each other.

Minor: Ardent Surge for Papolstaanas: Heals for surge plus 3 extra hit points (total 20). He also has a +1 to attack rolls TENT

Movement: Move to P-12

Standard: Dark Beckoning vs. OA-2: 1d20+12, 1d6+11+1d10 → ([18, 12], [5, 11, 4]) Roll. Hit will 30 for 20 damage and he is pulled to Q-12. Merri gains CA against him TENT (Deadly Draw feat). She used Blood Drinker for the extra damage and gains a healing surge.

Summary: Blocks 13 damage, heals Papolstaanas for 20. Papolstaanas gets +2 to all defenses and +1 to attack rolls.
Merri hits OA2 for 20 damage, has CA TENT against OA-2 and gains a healing surge. Merri also has +2 defenses TENT.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Merri's mini-stats]Merri- Female Human Hybrid Ardent/Vampire 6

Status: Initiative: +7, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14

AC 24 (22) For: 19 (17) Ref: 21 (19) Will: 22 (20)

THP: 6 HP: 49/49 Bloodied: 24 Surge value: 12 Surges/day: 3/2

Speed: 7 squares (6 bloodied), Languages: Common, Elven
Action Point: 1
Power Points: 2

Powers:
Energizing Strike
Dark Beckoning
Taste of Life

[x]Blood Drinker
[ ]Surefooted Stride
[x]Ardent Surge
[x]Sympathetic Agony
[ ]
Mercurial Mind
[x]
Natural Terrain Understanding
[ ]Second Wind

[ ]Lingering Fury
[ ]Unfettered Hunger
[ ]Brooch of Shielding
[ ]Onyx Dog

Notable Effects:
+1 damage to bloodied enemies
Resist Force 10. Vulnerable Radiant 5
Allies within 5 squares get +2 to Diplomacy, Intimidate and +1 to OA damage rolls.
When bloodied, Merri gains regeneration 4, +2 to AC and saving throws. [/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Still singing in her high, carrying voice along with the music that suffused the air, Joy raced forward- this time into the thick of the fight. She swept her massive curved sword in a wide, blurring arc- which passed cleanly through the neck of one of the large orcs, opening its throat in a gout of blood.

[sblock= OOC]
>Standard: Charge to P 10, MBA at Orc Brute 2 (using Intent Laid Bare, Ardent AW 1, vs. AC); 1d20+15= 26, hit for 13 damage; roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4107334/

[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: I am going to be on vacation for a couple of days, 6/28-7/1. I should have internet access, but posting may be slow and/or unpredicatle in timing.

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas feels a little dizzy from all of the weird stuff going on in his head. His eyes widen in dismay as Merri somehow takes part of the blow for him, but manages to smile gamely in response to her good cheer. “I don’t know why you’re so--“ he begins, but stops speaking as a sudden wind rises around him, blowing a dry leaf onto the head of the orc that just struck. Papolstaanas responds to this as though it is some sort of signal, stepping nimbly toward the half-troll and slashing at him and the nearby orc with his sword. He connects only with the orc, but the wind picks up strength and blows the orc toward the flames radiating from Illarion.

[sblock=actions and rolls]Papolstaanas had resist 3 all last turn from Iron Fist (it’s an effect). By my calculations he takes 22 from the crit, halved by Sympathetic Agony to 11, bringing him to 29 HP + 6 temp. Ardent Surge brings him to 49 + 6 temp. Not sure whether I missed something.

Move: shift to P8.

Standard: nightmare vortex vs AC (+1 ardent surge), OB4; HT; damage
4(1d20) +13 +1 = 18; 1(1d20) +13 +1 = 15; 3(1d8) +6 = 9
hits OB 4 for 12 (forgot extra damage from tattoo of vengeance) and slide him to P7. Misses HT for 4 (half damage).

Until end of encounter, any enemy that starts within 3 squares of Papolstaanas gets slid 1 at the beginning of its turn.

Beginning of enemy turn slides:
OB4 to O8, taking flame spiral damage.
OB1 to N8, ditto.
OB2 to P9, ditto.

The other stuff I pretty much like where it is, but if anyone wants it slid somewhere let me know.

Minor: battlemind’s demand to mark OB4.

Interrupt: Papolstaanas will lightning rush anything that attacks Illarion if he can do it without provoking. Aug 2, 1d20+13 vs. AC, hit 2d8+6 damage and the attack is resolved against Papolstaanas instead.[/sblock]
[sblock=Off-Turn Actions for Papolstaanas]Off-Turn Actions
Lightning rush (aug 2) anything that attacks Illarion if he can do it without provoking.

Guardian’s Counter (interrupt): Triggers when an ally within 2 of Papolstaanas is attacked and Papolstaanas is not included. Papolstaanas and the ally shift 2 (swapping places), the attack is resolved against Papolstaanas instead, and afterwards Papolstaanas gets to make a basic attack (Overwhelming Strike) against the attacker.

Papolstaanas will use Guardian’s Counter to protect any vulnerable person in the group unless it’s likely to drop him.

Lightning Rush (interrupt):Triggers when an enemy within 5 of Papolstaanas targets an ally with an attack. Papolstaanas moves his speed to be adjacent to the enemy and attacks (+13 vs. AC, 2d8+6 damage; +1 to damage if he has CA). If it hits, the triggering attack is resolved against him rather than the intended target. (This is the augmented 2 version, which Papolstaanas will always use. If he doesn’t have power points, he won’t bother with this power.)

Papolstaanas will always use this on ranged attackers if he can get there without provoking (since it’s an interrupt, the ranged attack will provoke an OA from him as well).

Melee Basic Attacks: Papolstaanas uses Overwhelming Strike for OAs and granted melee basic attacks. Arranging the slides and shifts will be tricky, so I’ll try to post some guidelines on my turns.

Wrathful Warrior (no action): Papolstaanas gains 4 temp HPs the first time he is hit by a melee or close attack.

Blurred Step (free, 1/turn): Triggers when an enemy marked by Papolstaanas and adjacent to him shifts. Papolstaanas shifts 1.

Papolstaanas will follow his mark around if he can. If the mark is also his oath target, he will try to keep the oath active (i.e., maneuver so as not to be adjacent to other enemies).[/sblock]
[sblock=Papolstaanas]Papolstaanas Male Kobold Avenger|Battlemind 7
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Darkvision
AC:25 (28), Fort:18 (20), Reflex:20 (23), Will:18 (20)
+2 defenses vs. traps
HP:49+6/69, Bloodied:34, Surge Value:17, Surges left:10/12
Action Points: 1
Power Points: 4
:bmelee: Overwhelming Strike +12 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage, Papolstaanas shifts 1 square and slides target into the square he just vacated. Papolstaanas gets +1 to damage if he has CA.
Battlemind’s Demand, Blurred Step, Overwhelming Strike, Iron Fist, Lightning Rush
[o] Oath of Enmity (regained when target drops to 0 hp)
[o] Guardian’s Counter
[o] Fury’s Advance
[o] Distracting Flare
[o] Shifty Maneuver
[o] Davros Elden’s Defensive Step
[x] Wrathful Warrior (feat)
[o] Second Wind

[o] Aspect of Might
[x] Nightmare Vortex
[o] Mental Triumph
[o] Vanguard Weapon daily

Conditions: +1 AC & Ref EoNT (Davros Elden’s), +2 all defenses EoNT (Merri), Nightmare Vortex, +3 to damage rolls vs OB4

Full sheet: Papolstaanas[/sblock]

The monk hops quickly away as Merri attacks, trying to avoid reflexive attack of the orc. He sways and stumbles as he goes, but the orc still catches him, just as he was leaving its reach.

Undettered by new injury, monk grabs half-trolls hand and swings around, momentum of the attack turning the beast around. Drew releases the hand at precisely timed moment to let the troll stumble through sorcerers fiery aura. He kicks him in the hand as he goes and the axe swings perilously close to trolls neck, but the blades ends just above its shoulder, saving it self-mutilation.

Despite that, trolls and fire do not mix well and the brute falls behind the blind sorcerer never to raise again.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Movement tech from Drunken Monkey, Drew moves to R9, provoking from OA2, but is at +2 AC against that attack
OA vs AC (Drew); damage (1d20+9=27, 1d6+9=12) - hits, barely, but hits...

Standard: Drunken Monkey vs Will; damage (1d20+11=25, 1d8+7+1=15) - hits troll for 15, add 8 from FoB
Troll is slid 1 by FoB to Q9
Effect from Drunken Monkey: Troll is slid 2 to O10 going through two flame spiral squares
Effect: Troll makes MBA with +2 to hit against himself
Troll MBA vs AC (self); damage (1d20+13+2=22, 2d6+9=17) - MISS

Troll dies from the fire
[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Flame spiral aura (1d6+7=12) - FOR EACH SQUARE OF MOVEMENT THROUGH! (@Son of Meepo, not sure if you wanna roll for every square separately? I've added single instance of 12 damage to all in the aura that entered it)[/sblock]

GM: Flame Spiral was updated so that the aura damage can only be applied once per turn.

Effect: Until the start of your next turn, any enemy that enters a square adjacent to you or starts its turn there takes 1d6 fire damage. An enemy can take this damage only once per turn.

Update (2/17/2012)
Changed in December 2011 updates.

Neurotic

OOC: Didn't know that, I will change the wiki. But it's still once PER TURN, so in theory, anyone moving the target will do damage?

Last edited:

Remove ads