[Pathfinder] Scotley's Kingmaker OOC

Scotley

Hero
Alrighty then DeWar that's your cue. Feel free to join the action at Oleg's trading post. There is a wounded warrior in need of healing out there...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I will tomorrow with my other computer. I think this one has a virus. I keep getting re-directs and other stuff.

Scotley

Hero
DeWar you're gonna have to make the trek down to Memphis some time and let me bash that machine of yours with my rod of computer curing. One of the many hats I wear
is IT guy. I've gotten pretty good at setting up machines so that even the most determined of our staff can't manage to infect the company machines despite the fact that some of them work overnight shift and spend several hours trying to load up games, free movies and music all while posting to various social networks all night long.

Scott DeWar

DeWar you're gonna have to make the trek down to Memphis some time and let me bash that machine of yours with my rod of computer curing. One of the many hats I wear
is IT guy. I've gotten pretty good at setting up machines so that even the most determined of our staff can't manage to infect the company machines despite the fact that some of them work overnight shift and spend several hours trying to load up games, free movies and music all while posting to various social networks all night long.

It all happened when I did a download of what was supposed to be an upgrade of firefox, I think.

I can rent a car from enterprise. I did a few days ago and will be on this thurs. fri and sat. I can make a reservation at your convenience.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
It all happened when I did a download of what was supposed to be an upgrade of firefox, I think.

I can rent a car from enterprise. I did a few days ago and will be on this thurs. fri and sat. I can make a reservation at your convenience.

I am flying out to Disneyworld this weekend. I'll be happy to schedule once we get back and get settled. We are taking my 9 year-old for the first time. Of course he came down with the flu on Christmas Eve despite getting inoculated. We are treating and hoping for the best. If only sick kids were as easy for me to fix as virus infected computers.

In the mean time I highly recommend visiting www.ninite.com and downloading the most current version of Firefox. While you are there you should also click on any other software you are using. It will automatically download the latest version of any that need updating. I particularly recommend making sure Java, quicktime and anything by Adobe is up to date. These are the most popular vectors for viruses to get into your system patching them regularly is a good idea. You should fully patch your OS as well. You should also pick up malewarebytes anti-maleware while you are there. It is good at getting rid of stubborn infections. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ has some good infection specific removal advice as well. That should get you started. When you get down this way I'll show you how to use a private DNS which blocks some of the crap that's out there and hook you up with some other good protections and tools.

Scott DeWar

I am trying to restore to a previous setting. I hope I make it work right. I was thinking of partitioning, but I don't know if I have room in my Tara-byte sized hard drive. (humorui maximui.I have nothing but room!)

Remove ads