[Pathfinder] Scotley's Kingmaker OOC

Scotley

Hero
I am trying to restore to a previous setting. I hope I make it work right. I was thinking of partitioning, but I don't know if I have room in my Tara-byte sized hard drive. (humorui maximui.I have nothing but room!)

A Tara-byte huh? Well if memory serves Margaret Mitchell described Tara as being over a 1000 acres so I would say that's plenty of room for plantationing um partitioning...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
You know, as I read the latest post by Scottley, I got to thinking about some bird that wakes up at 2:45 AM every morning. I am going to kill that bird and put it on a rotisserie!

Shayuri

First Post
Bwah!

I'd love to. I've been really excited and interested in this for a long time now.

The trick is that I'm already in a game of it. But it's very slow moving, and I'm not sure if it's going to make it.

So...I kind of want to join this one too...but I will totally understand if you're not comfortable with me being in two games of the same module at the same time. I admit, it's a weird thing to do.

Scotley

Hero
Bwah!

I'd love to. I've been really excited and interested in this for a long time now.

The trick is that I'm already in a game of it. But it's very slow moving, and I'm not sure if it's going to make it.

So...I kind of want to join this one too...but I will totally understand if you're not comfortable with me being in two games of the same module at the same time. I admit, it's a weird thing to do.

We are starting with the second module 'Sword of Valor'. We expect to make everyone aware of the events of the first module, so if you don't mind spoilers, you are most welcome. If I'm in error and you are in fact in the second part already, I don't really have a problem with that either. Having gamed with you for some time now I trust you to separate player knowledge from character knowledge.

Shayuri

First Post
Hooray!

Things are finally settling down a bit, and I'm finding my posting rhythm again. This pleases me. The Mythic rules are mightily intriguing as an alternative to the old 3.5e epic rules, and I've been wanting to give them a spin for ages now.

Scotley

Hero
Hooray!

Things are finally settling down a bit, and I'm finding my posting rhythm again. This pleases me. The Mythic rules are mightily intriguing as an alternative to the old 3.5e epic rules, and I've been wanting to give them a spin for ages now.

Yeah, we've wanted to tackle this one ever since the Mythic tie in was announced.

Shayuri

First Post
Scotley, would you be okay with me either rebuilding or replacing Kyria? This wouldn't be a complete and utter change that violates all causality. She wouldn't suddenly retroactively become a wizard or anything.

The reason I ask this is twofold. First, the concept of Kyria was tied in rather closely to Prince Liam as he was originally concieved, before the old version of the game collapsed. Liam is back under new management, and his new concept makes Kyria's old concept less...viable. She was originally designed as a kind of frustrated minor noblewoman from a struggling vassal house who'd sent her to be Liam's servant as a ploy to try to get close to the Prince and gain some standing and honor that way. The running gag was that she was a much more competent leader than Liam, but always had to work 'through' him because he had all the social standing, but she had the talent. :)

I want to stress that I'm totally and 100% good with Liam and how he's being played. This way's actually much better for the purposes of the game and group in the long term.

Second is just that Kyria was something like the second or third pathfinder character I've made, and the first rogue, and I didn't know what I was doing. :) Plus, I was trying to build her to be a kind of dual social/assassin type rogue, to suit the original concept, and...that lack of focus hurts her a bit.

I don't know exactly what changes I want to make yet, because it's only very recently I decided to make this pitch. It wouldn't change her overall 'place' in the group as defined so far. In fact, my goal with this is to reinforce the Kyria that has emerged in play...to 'resynchronize' the character sheet with the gameplay, so they're not in conflict anymore.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases