[Pathfinder] Scotley's Kingmaker OOC

Scotley

Hero
Scotley, would you be okay with me either rebuilding or replacing Kyria? This wouldn't be a complete and utter change that violates all causality. She wouldn't suddenly retroactively become a wizard or anything.

The reason I ask this is twofold. First, the concept of Kyria was tied in rather closely to Prince Liam as he was originally concieved, before the old version of the game collapsed. Liam is back under new management, and his new concept makes Kyria's old concept less...viable. She was originally designed as a kind of frustrated minor noblewoman from a struggling vassal house who'd sent her to be Liam's servant as a ploy to try to get close to the Prince and gain some standing and honor that way. The running gag was that she was a much more competent leader than Liam, but always had to work 'through' him because he had all the social standing, but she had the talent. :)

I want to stress that I'm totally and 100% good with Liam and how he's being played. This way's actually much better for the purposes of the game and group in the long term.

Second is just that Kyria was something like the second or third pathfinder character I've made, and the first rogue, and I didn't know what I was doing. :) Plus, I was trying to build her to be a kind of dual social/assassin type rogue, to suit the original concept, and...that lack of focus hurts her a bit.

I don't know exactly what changes I want to make yet, because it's only very recently I decided to make this pitch. It wouldn't change her overall 'place' in the group as defined so far. In fact, my goal with this is to reinforce the Kyria that has emerged in play...to 'resynchronize' the character sheet with the gameplay, so they're not in conflict anymore.

I'm good with it. I'd much rather you play the character you want to play. I was thinking it was about time to level up as well. Likely soon after the current bit with the Mites.

Scotley

Hero
Just a heads up to all. I hate to do this just as combat is heating up, but I'm taking a little trip to Disney tomorrow and I'll be out of touch until the end of next week.

Shayuri

First Post
Thanks. What I'm looking at right now, and I'll do summore thinking, is:

Change Intelligence to 12 and Strength to 12. This is just shifting one point-buy point from Int to Str.

Replace Combat Expertise with Weapon Finesse. No idea why I did it the other way. I probably still assumed that Pathfinder Weapon Finesse required BAB+1, like 3.5e. But it doesn't. So...there we are. :)

Replace the trait that interacts with Combat Expertise with some other trait. Not sure what yet...I'm thinking about Kyria's background and why she's a rogue in the first place. It is a little odd for anyone of noble birth, and I may scrap that element of her backstory.

Anyway, not huge changes, but ones which will help me out quite a bit.

Scotley

Hero
Thanks. What I'm looking at right now, and I'll do summore thinking, is:

Change Intelligence to 12 and Strength to 12. This is just shifting one point-buy point from Int to Str.

Replace Combat Expertise with Weapon Finesse. No idea why I did it the other way. I probably still assumed that Pathfinder Weapon Finesse required BAB+1, like 3.5e. But it doesn't. So...there we are. :)

Replace the trait that interacts with Combat Expertise with some other trait. Not sure what yet...I'm thinking about Kyria's background and why she's a rogue in the first place. It is a little odd for anyone of noble birth, and I may scrap that element of her backstory.

Anyway, not huge changes, but ones which will help me out quite a bit.

Sounds good. Weapon finesse is amazing. I was building a 3.5 rogue recently and at the last minute the DM was talked into switching to pathfinder. The difference in power level between the 3.5 rogue sans weapon finesse and the Pathfinder version with it, traits and a few other bits of Pathfinder goodness was really striking.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
One plus of PFRPG over 3.5 over the long haul is the feat progression: 1 per 2 levels vs 1 per 3. Tha wpn finesse is one very large pluss.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, here's the rebuilt sheet, with the changes I discussed. I added a quick background summary as well, and will finish adding appearance info and fleshing out her gear asap. My leveling plan is basically to get 2nd level rogue, then get a couple of ranger levels.

Kyria Estanes
Human Rogue 1

Appearance:

[sblock=Background]Kyria is the illegitimate daughter of Lord Guyton Estanes, a man with the unenviable reputation of having poisoned the fortunes of a once great House and sent it spiraling into insignificance. She spent her early life eking out an existence in the slums, before finding out who her father was. Though the guards wouldn't let her into the keep, she managed to slip in regardless and in presenting herself to the Lord, found that he'd never known about her. His wife had carefully and firmly ensured that he never found out.

Though custom and politics demanded otherwise, discovering he had a daughter breathed life back into the despairing hulk that had been Guyton Estanes. Of course, seeing the effect Kyria had on him only made Lady Estanes more determined to be rid of her. She succeeded with a quiet arrangement that saw Kyria shipped off to the Prince's household to wait on the heir as a servant...though it was made clear to her that her real task was to reign him in and keep him from being too big an embarrassment. Simultaneously, her stepmother and father both stressed how vital it was to the House that she comport herself well and stay with the Prince no matter what. One day he would succeed, after all, and he would remember who his friends were.

Unfortunately for all their ambitions, the Prince proved to be enough of a liability that he was finally set off to some remote plot of land to claim it in the name of the Crown. In theory a prestigious assignment, but in reality it was just a ploy to remove him and everyone around him from public view, and to ensure nothing he did would ever matter in the larger picture.[/sblock]

Str 12 2
Dex 18 10 +2
Con 12 2
Int 12 2
Wis 12 2
Cha 12 2

BAB 0
HP 9
Init +5

AC 16 (10 + 4 dex + 2 armor)
Fort +1
Ref +6
Will +1

Race
Bonus Feat
Bonus skill
Favored Class: Ranger

Class
Trapfinding
Sneak attack 1d6

Traits
Ambush Training (+1 Init, +1 dmg with surprise)
Bastard (+1 Sense Motive, it's a class skill)

Feats
1 Point Blank Shot
B Weapon Finesse

Skills 10
Acrobatics (Dex) +8 (1 + 4 dex + 3 class)
Bluff (Cha) +5 (1 + 1 cha + 3 class)
Disable Device (Dex) +8 (1 + 4 dex + 3 class)
Disguise (Cha) +5 (1 + 1 cha + 3 class)
Knowledge (local) (Int) +5 (1 + 1 int + 3 class)
Perception (Wis) +5 (1 + 1 wis + 3 class)
Perform (Cha) +5 (1 + 1 wis + 3 class)
Sense Motive (Wis) +6 (1 + 1 wis + 3 class + 1 trait)
Sleight of Hand (Dex) +8 (1 + 4 dex + 3 class)
Stealth (Dex) +8 (1 + 4 dex + 3 class)

Equipment
Casg: 77gp

Weapons
Shortbow, +4, 1d6, 50', 20x2, 2lbs, 30gp
- Arrows (10), 1lb, 1gp
Rapier, +4, 1d6+1, 18-20x2, 2lbs, 20gp
Dagger, +4, 1d4+1, 19-20x2, 1lb, 2gp

Armor
Leather, +2 AC, 0 ACP, 6 maxdex, 15lbs, 10gp

Gear

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hahaha, are you planning to take rogue levels?

Well, I could go other ways, I s'pose. Ranger just kind of made sense in my head, what with all the traipsing around in the wild we're doing. I might go into shadowdancing later though...

Or if I want some magic, I could dip a little into Archaeologist Bard. Charisma isn't great, but it's enough for a little spellcasting...

Kaodi

Hero
No need for you to alter your plans because of mine. Some convergence is not necessarily a bad thing for role-playing anyway. Besides, as this is PbP, we are truly talking years down the road anyway. And if we are still playing these characters ten to fifteen years (the back half of the adventure path) down the road they will probably be pretty different despite some similar levels.

Edit: And look at our ability scores: our characters are going to play differently no matter their class levels.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases