[Trailer] The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

horacethegrey

First Post
One word: AWESOME. :cool:

However, I'm a little torn on this trailer, as An Unexpected Journey left me a bit underwhelmed. I still liked it, but Jackson's interest in cramming whatever appendice material Tolkien wrote really bogged it down and the pacing suffered as a result. Hopefully there's less fluff and more of the good stuff in this one.

Also, I'm surprised by how prominent Legolas is in the trailer. He wasn't even in the bloody book!

Mr. Patient

Adventurer
However, I'm a little torn on this trailer, as An Unexpected Journey left me a bit underwhelmed. I still liked it, but Jackson's interest in cramming whatever appendice material Tolkien wrote really bogged it down and the pacing suffered as a result. Hopefully there's less fluff and more of the good stuff in this one.

Also, I'm surprised by how prominent Legolas is in the trailer. He wasn't even in the bloody book!

I think Legolas's presence is a good indication that the second installment will be no less overstuffed than the first.

Droogie

Explorer
Didn't quite love part one but I'd be lying if I said this trailer didn't get me excited. And Evangeline Lily as an elf? That's some perfect casting right there, even though she's not in the book.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
So why exactly are they stuffing all this into the same movie(series)? If Jackson wanted to do the necromancer story why not make it it's own movie(series)?

Derren

Hero

I agree with that. 3 movies about the Hobbit is a bit strange. It looks almost as if Jackson is afraid of doing something else than LotR as he can never top it. Which is imo quite sad as he is sitting on several book licenses, Temeraire (which I would like to see a lot) and Mortal Engines (don't care).

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Movies and books are different, and I like that movies have different content than the source material. I go to movies for enjoyment, not to worry about consistency with a book.

Well, it looks like they've gone and turned the Hobbit into a series of action movies.

While they'll be entertaining, I do wish someone would do a Phantom Edit on them and produce a version that just sticks to the plot of the book and deletes the extraneous characters and inserts (to the extent possible, that is).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases