Release 13th Age and Monte Cook's Numenera off to print!; CapCom's Chronicles of Mystara releases; and ENnie

[h=3]Dungeons & Dragons News[/h]
  • DM Volunteers Paying for D&D Encounters? I've seen various reports around the web (such as this one) that D&D Encounters is changing soon in that DMs will no longer receive the adventures for free. This apparently starts in August with Murder in Baldur's Gate which will cost volunteer DMs $34.95. [HI][threadcm]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?337671-DMs-to-pay-for-D-amp-D-Encounter-materials[/threadcm][/HI]
  • Fans + A-Series = Awesome! by Jon Schindehette -- "Come take a look at some of the art that Jon is showing off from Against the Slave Lords." [HI][threadcm]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?337664-Dragon-s-Eye-View-Fans-A-Series-Awesome![/threadcm][/HI]
  • Wallpaper: Vault of the Dracolich -- "We hope you enjoyed this year's D&D Game Day, where thousands of players at local game stores came together for a day of great D&D fun! To help celebrate, we're pleased to offer the following wallpaper."
  • Hey, there's some WotC job openings. Mainly for Magic: the Gathering, but there's one for a Sr. Business Manager, D&D.
  • Chronicles of Mystara Releases -- "Capcom is pleased to announce that D&D: Chronicles of Mystara is available today as a digital download from the North American PlayStation Network and globally via Steam; the title is also coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade and the European PlayStation Network tomorrow, June 19." Penny Arcade has played a live a four player extravaganza of the game. [HI][threadcm]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?337641-DND-Chronicles-of-Mystara-Penny-Arcade-PVPOnline-amp-Chris-Straub-Playing-Live-Right-now!![/threadcm][/HI]

[video=youtube;FWKN7V8xC2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FWKN7V8xC2I[/video]

[h=3]Pathfinder RPG News[/h]
  • The Dweomercat is a CR7 magical beast which appears in the new Pathfinder Tales novel, The Wizard's Mask by Ed Greenwood.
  • Kobold Press' Deep Magic Kickstarter has been mentioned on BoingBong.
  • Pathfinder designer Jason Bulmahn will be on the Know Direction podcast today at 5.30pm PST to discuss Ultimate Campaign, Mythic Adventures, and more.
  • Talking of Jason Bulmahn, he has written a new supplement under his Minotaur Games label - a tavern called The Lucky Dragon, complete with maps, NPCs, a gambling game, adventure hooks, and menus.

[h=3]Tournaments, Fairs & Taverns is Sean's Pick of the Day[/h]
"SEAN'S PICK OF THE DAY: Another one of those brilliant sourcebooks that all GMs should have in their collection. This one is a Pathfinder revamp of a classic 3.5 book that covers all the things a GM will want for when the PCs are dealing with games and challenges at fairs, carnivals, and taverns. A must-have for the library."

Sean Patrick Fannon's pick of the day is the new Pathfinder version of our sourcebook, Tournaments, Fairs, & Taverns. I couldn't agree more. But if that's not enough:

• "One of the best sourcebooks I ever laid my hands on - you can use it in any Fantasy/DarkAge Setting." [from RPGNow]
  • "This is one of the most universally useful books I have ever seen. It is also a fun read." [read at RPGNow]
  • "Tournaments, Fairs & Taverns is one of those extremely usable books. It’s the type of supplement that’ll see use in more than one campaign, more than one gaming world. It’s the type of supplement that can be grabbed and used by a GM working on a scene on the fly and can be used by a GM in the planning stages. Fortunately, T, F & T is good enough that you’ll want to use it in all these occasions." [read at Geek Native]
  • I loved the electronic version so much I had to order the print version for quicker reference." [read at Amazon]
  • I still have fond memories of this 74-page book. I have tried to find a way to use it in every one of my campaigns." [read at RPG Centric]

Available for Pathfinder from RPGNow or Paizo.com.

[h=3]RPG News[/h]
  • If you ordered a copy of 13th Age, your book is here somewhere.
  • And Monte Cook's Numenera went to press yesterday!
  • New Realms Publishing is holding a Six Days, Seven Adventures sale.
  • Postworld Games, run by Jim Pinto (L5R, World's Largest Dungeon), has released its successfully Kickstarted Toolcards: Fantasy. "Toolcards are easy-to-use cards that inspire the GM to run fast, exciting adventures. Names, monsters, treasure. Toolcards has it all. This basic deck is 100 double-sided cards featuring the most important elements of fantasy, NPCs, Monsters, Legendary Locations, magic items, and overheard conversations. Each card contains 9 pieces of information, with one side focusing on high fantasy and the other side on low fantasy."
  • Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes is unleashed on Kickstarter by Ruby Nile Games. Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes brings you up to 64, 12 to 15 minute loopable MP3 soundscapes for you to play in the background as you play your role-playing games in a fantasy world. You get everything from dungeons to haunted forests to castle courtyards to haunted ships and much, much more.
  • Brute Magic is an expansion for Brutes, the fantasy miniatures microgame that pits vicious fighters against each other.
  • Issue #3 of AFS Magazine, the zine of all things OD&D, is now available for pre-orders for $7.50 (in the US; $12 elsewhere). It includes "old school gaming modules, adventures, tables, and articles with a nod to the writings of H.P. Lovecraft, Jack Vance, Robert E Howard, and Clark Ashton Smith."

[h=3]Community News[/h]

[h=3]Want to be a 2013 ENnies Awards Judge?[/h]
While the judges are hard at work whittling down the list of submissions to the cream of the crop nominations to be announced on July 14, I wanted to take the time to ask you a question: Have you ever wanted to be an ENnies Judge?

If so, mark July 7 on your calendar. On that date, every person who wants to nominate themselves as a judge can do so by filling out the application. Anyone 18 or over, regardless of physical location, is eligible and can nominate themselves; no one will be turned away! In the end, the public-at-large will vote for the judges at the same time as they vote on nominations.

So why not give it a shot? Keep an eye out for the announcement once the application is open to all. Good luck!

[h=3]ORIGINS Attended Figures Up[/h]
John Ward, Chief Executive of GAMA, posted the following:

I want to thank all of our fans, sponsors, volunteers and GM’s for a great Origins show this year!

Special thanks to our Show Co-Sponsor Mayfair Games, all out sponsors and exhibitors.

Your support and participation made this year another successful event!

Our attendance is up this year, with our final numbers at a whopping 11,573!

That is higher than last year and here is the trend:
Year Badges Day Passes Total

2009 7,534 2,496 10,030
2010 6,444 4,225 10,669
2011 6,545 4,957 11,502
2012 6,865 4,457 11,332
2013 9,183 2,390 11,573

I really want to thank everyone for the way we handled Wednesday and the Fire. I could not have asked for a more cooperative crowd as we left the convention center. I really want to thank the Registration staff for making sure that everyone got generics for the games that were interrupted and to the convention center for providing free pizza and water for us after we got back inside!

I was very happy to see so many people enjoying themselves this year!

I want to thank all the sponsors again for helping us to make the show bigger and brighter with great advertising, prize support for game events and tons of support.
Thanks to everyone again and we look forward to seeing you next year!

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
I received my Fantasy Cards a couple days ago. They are GORGEOUS!! Incredibly superbly well printed high quality cards. Has to be the fastest turn around on a Kickstarter EVER and the results are beyond fantastic. I highly recommend.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases