D&D 3E/3.5 Need a program/spreadsheet/calculator/something to build custom 3.5 monsters from scratch

VelvetViolet

Adventurer
I've been googling for hours and haven't been able to find anything. I'm looking for a free program or something that would allow me to easily build monsters from scratch for the 3.5 rules, do the calculations for me so that I don't end up with incorrect statistics, and output it as a statblock.

All the "builders" I've found are useless for this purpose since they only allow me to advance monsters that exist in the SRD rather than actually making monsters from scratch.

VelvetViolet

Adventurer
I've seen a web site with a "Monster Builder" utility. Google it. It may be just what you're looking for.
There are dozens of websites with "monster builder" so that doesn't really help. I already spent several hours googling that exact phrase. I tried variations, like monster/creature generator/builder/maker/creator/*. I found no free program that lets me create monsters from scratch. All of them either solely advance SRD monsters or cost money (e.g. dinglesgames).

edwee

First Post
I have a spreadsheet that I made myself in open office that allows me to set up all the hit dice, saves, skills, hit points, however, since I made it myself, its kind of poorly set up for other people, and occasionally requires a bit of finangling with the code, I could post it somewhere or email it to you if you wanted.

edit - I decided to plop it up into google doc's, feel free to use it as you wish

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxK-1knGMv-US3Azbm81UEFoLUE/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Herzog

Adventurer
Pcgen ( pcgen.org ) allows you to create your own dataset. Learning how to write those has a learning curve though.

VelvetViolet

Adventurer
Pcgen ( pcgen.org ) allows you to create your own dataset. Learning how to write those has a learning curve though.
I already tried PCGen. They do not have an interface for making new monsters from scratch. I do not have the time to learn how to write their datasets either. I need something that is easy to use out of the box, not difficult.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases