Tsunami's Villainous Villains!

Breakstone

First Post
Hullo hullo!

In my campaign so far, I've attempted to make my villains more... villainous. But not in the "Book of Vile Darkness" way. More like the Comic Book Villain way.

So I figured I'll post my past, present, and future villains here, in my first ever Rogues Gallery Debue.

I'll start out with a Villain-For-Hire I just cooked up tonight:

Joturo, Male Gnome Wizard 6: Small Humanoid; HD: 6d4+6; hp 20; Spd 20 ft.; Init +4 (Dex); AC 14 (Dex); Attack +1 melee (Dagger/1d4-2/x3) or +7 ranged (Paper Shuriken/1 and poison/x2); AL: CE; SV Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3; Str 6, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 7, Cha 10; Skills and Feats: Alchemy +15, Concentration +10, Craft (Paper sculpting) +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +13, Scry +13, Spellcraft +13, Scribe Scroll, Extend Spell, Craft Wonderous Items, Exotic Weapon Proficency (Paper Shuriken).

Equipment: Spellbook, Origami Monsters: Fiendish Gorilla, Fiendish Crocodile, Origami Monsters (Exteded): Fiendish Hyena, Formian Worker, Fiendish Wolf, Fiendish Hawk, Fiendish Dire Rat.

Spells per Day: 0-4/1-4/2-4/3-3

Spells: 0- Resistance, Ray of Frost, Detect Poison, Daze, Flare, Light, Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Disrupt Undead, Mage Hand, Mending, Open/Close, Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic 1- Animate Rope, Comprehend Languages, Mage Armor, Mount, Summon Monster I, Unseen Servant, Identify, Enlarge, Reduce 2- Cat's Grace, Summon Monster II, Invisibility, Detect Thoughts 3- Summon Monster III, Haste, Sepia Snake Sigil, Shrink Item

Background: Joturo, or Jot to his "friends," was alway an orphan. No one knows where he came from, or ever inquired, but throughout his childhood he was passed from one gnome family to another. Maybe it was between the redneck swamp-gnome family and the babbling clan of gnome alchemists, but somewhere along the line Jot snapped.

Now Jot had an odd obsession. In one of the families he boarded with, he learned the forgotten art of Origami. And, because Joturo didn't have the time or sanity to gain any real friends, he soon surrounded himself with a paper family of papyrus people, animals, and monsters.

Jot eventually grew older (although he always remained short), and broke away from his current family. But his travels continued. Not surprisingly for a gnome, Joturo learned the art of wizardry, and soon found a job in constructing magic items. And the most money came from the shadiest of customers.

Now Joturo is an assassin-by-hire, sending his Origami Monsters to be discovered by unfortunate victims. Jot's still the jittery, obsessive gnome that his family after family after family knew him as, and always will be.

Joturo is a male gnome, short and scrawny, with wild blue eyes and thin white hair. His fingers are always busy, either twiddling, drumming, or folding paper. Jot wears a shakey smile and a cloth-soft cloak of paper that he constructed himself.

Tactics: Joturo rarely ever enters battle himself. Instead, he leaves his Origami Monsters to be activated by the touch of a living being. If Joturo is caught in combat, he will throw his Origami Monsters at his oponents, turn invisible, and run away. At the worst, he will cast Cat's Grace, Haste, and throw a number of poison paper shuriken.

Origami Monsters: Origami Monsters are small, folded representations of monsters. When activated (by the touch of a living being), they unfold into the real monsters that they represent. An Origami Monster can unfold into any of the monsters on the Summon Monster list of its appropriate spell level. It takes a move-equivelant action for an Origami Monster to unfold, and provokes an attack of opportunity. When in paper form, Origami Monsters are not alive. If the paper used to construct an Origami Monster had writing or marks on it, the monster shares these inscriptions on its skin.
Caster Level: 5th; Prerequisites: Any Summon Monster, I - IX; Market Price: 375 gp; Weight: -

Paper Shuriken: Paper Shuriken act just like Shuriken, except the user may use a move-equivelant action to fold and tear any paper in hand into three Shuriken. A person with Quick Draw may fold and tear the paper as a free action.

Remove ads