Leif's AD&D 1E Game [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Kiraya_TiDrekan: sorry to see you go. For what its worth, we're not quite ready to start yet, well except for Helfdan, who has been started for some time now.

Deuce Traveler: Happy to have you aboard! Play a magic-user or fighter or whatever tickles your fancy. If someone else has that class already, we'll work around it somehow. I find it hard to imagine two characters (even ones of the same class) being so much alike that they could not peacefully co-exist in the same party.

Scott DeWar: I was just rhetorically stating rules, not telling you to refrain from playing a ranger. Let's get [MENTION=11732]Helfdan[/MENTION] to weigh in on this issue: how would your character feel about sharing combat duties with another ranger?

[MENTION=92511]steeldragons[/MENTION]: Do you still decline to join this game, or can you be persuaded, either now or in the future?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Well, I can always be persuaded. hahaha. I'm a willow. I can bend. :D

It's more the uncertainty of if I can reliably contribute (i.e. be around when the game/my fellow adventurer's need me), than anything specific to stop me.

But for now, and with the holidays barreling down upon us, I think it's prudent to remain an interested spectator and decline. Appreciate the continuing invite though. :)

Leif

Adventurer
steeldragons: Very well, you must do as you find to be prudent, and I will not interfere with the process. Know, however, that you are missed, and that virtually any contribution would be welcome no matter how small or sparse.

Scott DeWar: Yes, for now at least, same IC, OOC, and RG.

Links:
IC
OOC [This thread!]
RG

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Leif, last question. Are your adventures more urban or dungeon centric? Can you tell me a bit of your setting? I am now thinking illusionist if there is a lot going on in the city, but I have to see if my stats meet the minimum requirements when I get home. Also still looking at magic-user, but all the differing ideas on how to play him or her are clashing in my head.

Oh, and when are you doing GURPS or Traveller again?

Leif

Adventurer
AD&D and GURPS Traveller

Leif, last question. Are your adventures more urban or dungeon centric? Can you tell me a bit of your setting? I am now thinking illusionist if there is a lot going on in the city, but I have to see if my stats meet the minimum requirements when I get home. Also still looking at magic-user, but all the differing ideas on how to play him or her are clashing in my head.

Oh, and when are you doing GURPS or Traveller again?
So far, it's been almost all dungeon-centric, except for this last little bit in the inn. For the future, I could go either way, depending upon the expressed preferences of my players. Setting? Well, it's a modified Greyhawk, but all of the action so far has taken place in the PCs home area in an unspecified forest. (Or maybe it was specified, [MENTION=11732]Helfdan[/MENTION], do you recall?) Illusionist would be highly cool, if your stats measure up.

The only GURPS I have ever done has been GURPS Traveller. I like it better than the old (or, for that matter, the new) GDW Traveller, because it has rules for character advencement/impovement, which was/is the most glaring flaw of GDW Traveller. I've not had much luck stirring up interest in a GURPS Traveller game -- pretty much just [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] and now you, but I could probably be convinced to take another run at it. My idea last time was to put the PCs on a pretty K-A, armed, exploration ship, and put them in the employ of an intelligence service, flying around and trouble-shooting one jump ahead of the enemy, trying to keep their bacon out of the shooting-type war. At least, that was my intention, but I'm not really sure I was able to communicate that plan clearly. It never seemed to work out, anyway, and player attrition was EXTREMELY high.

[Because, see, I get really into the whole 'space-travel' thing, in a sorta "2001: A Space Odyssey" kind of way, not just: 'we get on the ship, floor it, and ka-boom, we're at this other planet.' Good grief, am I gonna have to find and dig out all of those GURPS Traveller books again? :) ]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I also sometimes go through my Traveller books for kicks. I have the original black books, Traveller: the New Era, and GURPs versions.

I didn't have the stats to pull off a gnome illusionist. I'm still considering my final concept, but here is my character thus far:

Human
Magic-User
Level: 1

Str: 13
Int: 14
Wis: 14
Dex: 13
Con: 9
Cha: 11

Death, Paralysis, Poison: 14
Petrification, Polymorph: 13
Dragon Breath: 15
Rod/Staff/Wand: 11 (10)
Spells: 12 (11)

Weapons: ?

Equipment: ?

Spellbook: Read Magic, Sleep

Treasure: 50gp http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4728759/

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Since we are starting at level 4, I will raise my character to the appropriate level and minimum required XP. Do I start with just 50gp and normal equipment, or do I receive additional toys to prop up my character?

Remove ads