What gaming magazines do you read

falcarrion

First Post
I'm always on the lookout for a gaming magazine that is in pdf format so I can read it on my ipad.
Recently I got a copy of Open Gaming Monthly and of course I have Gygax Magazine.
Any other suggestions?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Every RPG magazine I have ever read (or, indeed, tried to produce - twice!) has failed. I have a Gygax Magazine sub, but I don't exactly hold my breath when it comes to RPG magazines. I hope it sticks around for a while.

DRAGON, DUNGEON, Kobold Quarterly, two EN World magazines, Adventure Gaming, Gamesmaster - the list of casualties by really professional people and some big companies (not counting myself, of course) is endless.

I'm sure there are some still around. White Dwarf - that's still around. And SJG does its Pyramid magazine.

Free online fanzines come and go a lot - there's usually a dozen or so of those in publication at any given time. I don't know what's available at the moment, though.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
For me, at least, gaming magazines have a problem - I don't primarily play one game. Back in the day, Dragon Magazine was great for me, because D&D was my primary game. A chunk of content for D&D suited my needs.

Today, I run and play in a mixture of games. Some of them are out of print games. Others are short or infrequently-run campaigns such that my need for general content is pretty low. Meeting my needs today is not really possible in a standard magazine format.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases