Leif's AD&D 1E Game [IC 01]

Falariel

First Post
Leif's AD&D 1E game [IC 01]

"Let us just say that I'm moving to a new location for 'health reasons.'" says Riel to Elydd with a wink.

He lowers his voice.

"As for 'unsavory' types, while I can't speak for this particular establishment, it is in my experience that they are rather common most everywhere," he whispers conspiratorially.

He glances at the bar where the dwarf and the human are standing. "Excitement? Perhaps... If there's a way to earn some coin, even better..."

He nods to Elydd and makes his way back to the bar...

Helfdan

First Post
Girion Valtar, Ranger of the Celadon Forest

The mail-clad human nods politely at the dwarf. "Well met, master dwarf. My name is Girion."

Helfdan

First Post

"You have come far, then, my friend." Girion answers in low, gruff tones wich seem well suited for one who spends most of his time in the wild. "The closest I have been to your homeland is the Kron Hills. I hail from the Duchy of Urnst myself."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ellydd follows Riel back to the bar.

"Greetings, gentlefolk. I am Ellydd the Walker. A warrior-priest of the Green Lady, Ehlonna. You look to be experienced travelers and I couldn't help overhearing...the Kron Hills and, indeed, the Lortmills are far beyond my own wanderings. Tell me, are they wooded or rocky? Wild or settled? Might there be a cause or need worthy of my Lady's attention to be found there?"

OOC: Just to check, cuz I know it came up in other threads, since there's the "legacy" black/dark grey background and the "new" white background, does this middle shade of green read easily for everyone? I've had no issues with anyone else's so far (on the white bg).

OOC: [DM] I use the black background and have no issues either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Falariel

First Post

"Indeed! Allow me to buy you all a round and perhaps you can regale us with stories of adventure and excitement!" chimes in Riel with a grin.

"My name is Riel, and I'm afraid I have few stories of my own, as my life is rather boring."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
In The Choking Swan

The adventurers continue with their small talk and getting acquainted for some time, until an impatient gnomish voice says, "This is all very cozy and really warms the frigid reaches of my nether parts, but are you lot going to sit here and nosh on bread crusts and ale all day, or do you think that more weighty matters may require your attention? Why, I was just this morning having a talk with the town Privet Constable about some travelers who were waylaid on the Old Forest Road last week, not ten miles from this very spot. I'd look into it myself but I must complete my scrivening and then rejoin my cohorts. Riel, Elydd, Girion, and Magister Greybeard, this might be just the adventure you're looking to find."

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Girion looks up from his ale with interest. "Waylaid, you say? We must speak with the constable for sure. Bandits would be bad enough, but sometimes humanoids take to raiding forest trails..."

Leif

Adventurer
In The Choking Swan

"Indeed," says the gnome, "if it turns out to be simply bandits, that would almost be a relief. Oh, and, um, it's Privet Constable. He's funny about that, although I cannot for the life of me imagine why one would insist so much on being called a 'Water Closet,' or something like that."

Last edited:

simple bandits can be dealt with the town's watch.
Gorash says with a smile
If these are marauders Orcs or Goblins they must be dealt with experienced individuals like my self and my trusty weapon.

Remove ads