Echoes of Empire OOC

Kamard

First Post
So, I am bored between posts of my other PbP game, and want to start DMing another.

I would like as little player overlap as possible. With luck, that will mean "none."

The title of this PbP shall be Echoes of the Empire.

Setting:

Three hundred years ago, an Empire that spanned the globe fell into disrepair and ruin following the destruction of the capital city from a meteor strike. The various provinces collapsed in on themselves, and skirmishes and war are now the rule of the day. Many nations (once counties and baronies) are squabbling over what little resources they have, while others seek strategic alliances that last only as long as convenience dictates.

And through it all was the rise of chaos- cracks have opened into the underworld, and previously unseen monsters and humanoids crawl from the world's depths to destroy the sentient races.

For this game, your characters will come from the area of a city called Thronedelve. Once a dwarven kingdom, it was laid bare by an earthquake, and now the tunnels are open to the air in many places. Thronedelve and its county finds itself surrounded by enemies of a thousand stripes, most notably the Theocracy of Argald, which worships a pantheon of destruction and chaos gods.

Into this turmoil are your characters, a young adventuring band who has long known each other. You make your living doing whatever oddjobs are available, usually as guards and couriers. It is on one of these courier missions, delivering a package for a wizard of Thronedelve to the city of Archport, that we take up the story.

For character creation, use the following page:

Character Creation

But ignore the link about Gavar the Green-Towered- that link is for my other PbP on these boards that is set in the same world.
While some of you may have heard of that city, and even been to it, it lies about thirty days travel west of where I will be setting this game.

You may post important information about your characters here- the sort of thing that the others would know about you. But your character sheets, questionnaires, and history should be e-mailed to me at robert.dunham@verizon.net

I am looking for 4-6 1st level characters for the game. Any questions you can go ahead and ask here or in e-mail.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
This looks fun, Kamard. I have to run off to work (Again), but I do hope there is a spot open, as I'd like to play this one. I'll design character (with accompanying questionarre sheet etc... tomorrow), and email it to you.

Jemal

Adventurer
This may come as a total surprise, but I'm NOT in this game... Unless you get close to going and still need another PC, in which case feel free to call upon me. Barring that, though, have fun, I'll be sure to read.

garyh

First Post
Shockingly, I'm not in your other game. :D

I'm interested in playing a Skaven Rogue or a Dwarfborn of some sort. If there's a lot of demand for this game, I'll bow out, though. I can't take a slot in EVERY game.

Or can I? /me goes off to ponder completing the conquest of the IC Forum...

Last edited:

Kamard

First Post
Uriel, Krug, Garyh, and Argent. Room for 1 or 2 more if they want in, 2 or 3 if Garyh doesn't mind skipping out on one. Heheh.

I'm fine with the DMG multiclass rules for 1st level.

Sniktch

First Post
What's the deadline to submit a character? My job is pretty busy today and I'm not sure I'll get any opportunities to write.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases