Andy Collins

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Collins began working at [wiki]Wizards of the Coast[/wiki]
in April 1996, and after working for a time for Wizards' Organized Play division, he moved to the R&D division and worked as both an editor and designer.<ref name="Dragon #272"> His first project was a new science-fiction game line, [wiki]Alternity[/wiki]
, for which he worked on a number of products, notably the [wiki]Dark•Matter[/wiki]
campaign setting. After Wizards cancelled the Alternity game, Collins was one of the people working on Wizards of the Coast's new [wiki]Star Wars Roleplaying Game[/wiki]
. While working on that game, Collins commented "It's been interesting working with [wiki]Bill[/wiki]
[Slavicsek]. I know all the movies, and I've read several of the books, but he pretty much knows everything about Star Wars – all the books, all the movies, all the comics, all the source material. Everything."<ref name="Dragon #272"> As a long-time gamer and Star Wars fan working on a Star Wars RPG, Collins summed up his feelings: "I could paraphrase Lou Gehrig. 'I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth to be working in this industry with as many great people as I have around me.' I sometimes still have to pinch myself when I'm walking down the hall."
<ref name="Dragon #272">
Andy Collins was also the author of the Sage Advice column in [wiki]Dragon[/wiki]
, and later Sage Advice Online at [wiki]Wizards of the Coast's[/wiki]
website. Collins was a part of the revision team for Dungeons & Dragons version 3.5, and was one of the authors of the Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition [wiki]Player's Handbook[/wiki]
.</ref></ref></ref>

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases