[OT] Proof Americans are Stupid (i.e. the Suits are stupid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welverin

First Post
Right now there is a great hockey game between Slovakia and Latvia on. What channel is it on? CNBC,CNBC! Nobody watches CNBC. To make matters worse NBC is showing Ski Jumping, how is that ever better than hockey?

Now that I'm done ranting I'm going to pay more attention to the game.

reapersaurus

First Post
well, since you're being inflammatory, I'll follow in kind:

Hockey isn;t anything but a bunch of no-toothed, bruised and broken guys who haven't grown out of their pubescent desire to smack against another guy to release their aggression.

I found it hilarious that they convinced some hockey team to dress up as the silver-feathered eagles in the opening ceremonies. Wonder how they phrased the request to get around their intial reluctance?

Wormwood

Adventurer
Rather than insult Americans, perhaps you should rename your thread.

How about, "I'm one of the 12 people in North America who cares about freakin' Latvia and Slovakia."

Last edited:

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
How is ski jumping better than hockey?

Dude, ski jumping lets you fly! Who ever heard of a superhero with the superpower of puckbashing?

(And no, Oberon's not a superhero)

Maybe it's my inner wuss coming out, but I'd much rather watch ski jumping.

Do you guys, when watching it, think like I do? That is -- wow, he jumped 91 meters! That's about 300 feet -- he must have at least a +285 bonus on his jump check!

Daniel

drothgery

First Post
Despite going to college in Massachusetts, I always regarded hockey a strange local custom I didn't understand, much like lacrosse in upstate New York (where I went to high school).

So although I can't say I really care much about either sport, ski jumping is much easier to follow. On the other hand, the Americans have a better shot in hockey.

UofMDude

First Post
NBC's coverage of the olympics sucks. CBC (canadian broadcasting) has GREAT olympics coverage (they did in Sydney too when NBC also sucked). Unfortunately my mother has CBC on her cable but I do not.
:(

UofMDude

Tom Cashel

First Post
Wormwood said:

How about, "I'm one of the 12 people in North America who cares about freakin' Latvia and Slovakia."

And isn't that really the problem with Americans? they can't rouse themselves to give a crap about anything that isn't American? I could probably supply something more than a rhetorical question here, but hey...I'm American and I don't give a crap.

Whatever. Hockey is the only sport...everything else is just a game. You pansies go and watch some hockey! C'mon, get with the program! :)

Lizard

Explorer
Welverin said:
Right now there is a great hockey game between Slovakia and Latvia on.

Between where and where?

Wake me when we start bombing them. That's about the only time we need to pay attention to them furrin places.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
You know, if I want to see blood, I'll tickle my cat's belly.

If I want to see pucks, I'll check out Midsummer Night's Dream.

And processing fundraising donations is part of my job, so I see no shortage of checks.

Hockey just doesn't hold any appeal to me. Sports where you fly the length of a football field - now THAT's showbiz!

daniel

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases