Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [OOC 1]

Leif

Adventurer
So I'm wanting to try my hand at DMing 4E again. This time, however, I'll not be overly ambitious. I just want to DM a single encounter/battle. So, to make it a good one, let's say 4-6 PCs of about 17th level. Anyone care to give it a try with a 4E DM who has, so far, come up short with every 4E game that he's [I've] tried to do?

The concept for this game is in a state of flux at present. Starting level may be 17th, or it may be lower, depending upon player preference. 17th level characters will probably be very unweildy for PBP.

OKAY, it turns out that we started at 1st Level. Currently the party consists of a human wizard and a human ranger, both Level 1.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Well there doesn't seem to be exactly overwhelming interest in my proposition. I'll give it awhile longer.

Scotley

Hero
I'm game, but I fear finding a group willing to put the effort into building a 17th level character for one encounter may be asking a lot.

Leif

Adventurer
Heh! Never thought about that. I guess you're right. In truth, I was going to just do one encounter, but then ask whether any would be interested in continuing with the characters' further exploits.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Happy to have RavenBlackthorne and Goldhammer join the party, And I'm always happy to see my old friend Scotley here.

Anyway, I've tried the "points of light" schtick for 4E, and I've tried a few of the 4E modules from WotC. None of those approaches has really worked for me. So what I was thinking of for this game was more of a "sandboxish" set-up with little or no overarching theme other than monster-whupping and treasure-grabbing. That sound ok?

[post #1 of this thread has been significantly edited.]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Here's an idea: How about if we start off at first level, do a short adventure and then advance to third, do another adventure and then advance to sixth, and then advance normally.

Remove ads