Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [OOC 1]

Leif

Adventurer
Our Story...

The land of Encastulum has been known, historically, as a good neighbor to its surrounding kingdoms. But in recent decades, its good reputation has waned and its reputation as a belligerent, troublesome neighbor has waxed. The PC Heroes find that they have been born in a land of contradictions: the king presents himself as a good ruler, and the elders still remember when that was, indeed, the case. Now, though, the King finds cause to go to war over the smallest slights. The current war, against the Kingdom of Trosellin, has just entered its fifth year with the front still mired in the marshlands that separate the two nations, moving ten miles forward and ten miles backward with the regularity of a pendulum.

The PCs have grown to adulthood in this environment, and know nothing else. They are all children of Heroes of Encastulum, and so they have been exempted from military service by edict of the Crown. [Therefore, any service to the Crown's war effort by them, if any, will be strictly voluntary, and no negative inference is permitted if they choose to not serve.]

[This is a Work in Progress]

Last edited:

Negin

First Post
Greetings,

I'd be interested if you'd welcome a newcomer (both to here and to pbp in general). I've never gotten a character above 5th level for one reason or another and would really like to see some of the higher content, but am wary of just jumping straight into it since I want to learn the character properly. Rapid advancement and relatively quick hits sounds like a good plan to me.

Thanks!
Negin

Negin

First Post
Not especially on this end. I'm leaning towards warlord, paladin, bard, avenger, or ardent, but that covers most bases! I've never been a leader or defender so I've put them top of the list.

Leif

Adventurer
Welcome aboard, Negin.

As far as characters go, call me old fashioned if you must, but the first character I ever made for 4E was a cleric and I've been partial to them ever since. But a fighter is a very close second and may even be first on some days. Guess it's a good thing I won't be making a character for this game....

Last edited:

Negin

First Post
Thanks, Leif! I know there are no bad choices in the original PHB. In fact I'd be fine switching to either of those if it will balance the party better.

In lieu of that, here are a couple of ideas:

• Dragonborn Paladin, Protecting, follows Ioun for a mystical/aesthetic twist that I think will go well with the Dragonborn's single-minded focus.
  • Human Warlord, Tactical, perhaps a cadet/guard who's decided he's seen a bit too much of the King's brand of mercy. (Or Eladrin, if it will work in this environment, though I'm not sure how to tie it in yet.)

Remove ads