temple of elemental evil

Rakusia

First Post
So i have the module. Kinda wanna play it. Can i play through it using 3.5 rules without changing anything? If not should i just use adnd rules or work on a hard conversion first

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Whether you use a conversion or convert it yourself, take a good, long look at it and consider editing it down a bit. T1-4 suffers a bit of dungeon-sloggy drag. Don't be intimidated away from making it work better for you and your group just because it is considered a classic by many.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Whether you use a conversion or convert it yourself, take a good, long look at it and consider editing it down a bit. T1-4 suffers a bit of dungeon-sloggy drag. Don't be intimidated away from making it work better for you and your group just because it is considered a classic by many.

So true.

It also lacks an elemental vibe: consider spending some time adding storms, earthquakes etc. . . to the temple's surroundings (these are mentioned in the intro text and then subsequently have no effect) so that it feels like the party are actually confronting elemental evil rather than humanoid monsters conveniently sorted into hit dice order.

The nodes also need a lot of work.

Rakusia

First Post
yeah, i need to read trough it more. turns out the book isnt complete though theres a small kinda flap pocket on the inside of back cover. thought map packet went in it but no dice. would anyone know what goes there? not sure if itll be important or not

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
The flap pocket was/is for the map booklet. Do you have that? Fortunately, a lot of the ToEE maps are available on the internet courtesy of some seriously talented cartographers who have updated the maps with more modern mapping programmes.

Rakusia

First Post
yeah i have the map packet. tried putting it in there it didnt seem to fit so i was wondering if there was something else. must just not have put it in right. okay cool. started reading the ad&d player handbook last night id kinda like to run it as written. just gotta say later editions dropped the ball with the guide books players handbook for ad&d is insanely packed with info and tables and the like

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases