Is tabletop gaming on the rise?

Argyle King

Legend
Seems to coincide with what I see here in the local area... I see a lot of new faces in the local gaming store.

I never bought into the gloom and doom predictions that have been flying around for the past year or two.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I think the Internet has proliferated the number of tabletop gaming opportunities as much as it has turned folks toward alternatives. It seems like a rising tide has lifted *all* ships.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Interesting that the pictures are all of kids with 3.5 books, but the article only talks about the early versions and then 4e and 5e (and mentions other gaming companies, but not PF). Their glossary also has some pretty dubious entries.

Apparently, celebrities "admit" to playing D&D, as if it was something that one admits to.

On the whole, though, a positive article. Nice that they draw the distinction between in person roleplaying and MMOs.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think I saw some guys taking a copy of Dread into a zeppelin the other day. So, yes, gaming is on the rise!

Janx

Hero
I would think an indicator of tabletop RPG popularity is traffic on the main "D&D" sites.

Is traffic up or down on this site?

To me, it's down. the general RPG forum page 1 used to be bustling. Now, by half the page, it's day old news. But I hear this site is busier than ever.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases