Pathfinder 1E Carrion Crown (Spoilers)

Crothian

First Post
Yesterday with a new gaming group we went through the first book of the Carrion Crown Adventure Path. It was a difficult adventure but a lot of fun. I really liked the creepiness build up and the small events that happened around the town. The different haunts in the prison was also well done. Plenty of creepy encounters to keep the players guessing. I liked the five big villains and the way they made them different. It was not the same thing with each of them.

The downside I think was it could have used more. Some of the first books of AP's seem like they take a long time and others like this one we move through very quickly. The trust mechanics was disastrous but I knew that and didn't use it. I just showed how the PCs actions allowed different NPCs to start trusting them and being nicer to them. It was close as during the funeral the rogue of the group was going to knife some of the farms that were stopping the funeral. Thankfully, both clerics rolled better on initiative and where able to get a peaceful resolution.

Anyone go through this one? What do people think of it?

I'm currently on Shadows of Gallowspire. I've been running this on and off for almost 2 years. Honestly, Book 1 rocks the horror theme. While some of it wasn't as scary as I'd hoped...it did build the dread up. Especially when I had some strange supernatural occurrences where I dragged a player off to the side and told them creepy stuff. (Ghostly lights. Glass being scratched on..Books flying off shelves. etc.) I had two different groups in this one. I think they all enjoyed it, especially when I used the word "nigromancer"

Mr.E_Danger

First Post
I've played through all of the Carrion Crown AP and our group enjoyed it quite a bit. We had a undead hating ranger and Inquisitor, so they really liked fighting all the things we fought. I thought the first book was done pretty well. Our group had more trouble with the Animated Scythe than we did with any of the "bosses" in the prison. Still, a lot of fun was had by all.

Yeah, when our party was headed into the town with the coffin and we saw the woman being yelled at by the farmers... things turned south pretty quick. After dropping the coffin, our monk proceeded to punch a hole through one of the farmers, and I think we hurt the rest pretty badly. After we solved their problems though, they were cool with us.

Crothian

First Post
My group avoided all encounters outside the prison. They went in the prison and just never explored any of those areas that lead outside. I was worried about that scythe because of the DR and our group does not have a damage machine in it (2 cleric, rogue, and bard).

One player was very suspicious of Gibs but the other players kept talking her out of following him. I kept him in sight and looking creepy to encourage her but the other PCs were too worried she was going to kill Gibs which was a possibility.

I found the scythe wasn't that deadly once you had a cleric that specialized in channeling positive energy. Some of the PCs were suspicious of Gibs...but they didn't kill him, only tied him up once they realized he was haunted/possessed.

The other encounters outside/around the prison went pretty well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases