Want to be an LPF DM? Post here!

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Living Pathfinder has been running strong for a few years now. Mainly because we have dedicated people that have stuck with it. New members create characters and eventually get them into play if they are patient enough. In the meantime there is free role-playing that can be done in the Dunn Wright Inn while the wait.

We have dedicated Judges that approve character sheets and offer build advice. They ride shotgun on DMs running adventures to provide that experienced mentorship some DMs need and settle any disputes that unfortunately can come up on rare occasions.

However, in order to continue growing, we need more DMs to accommodate the players. In short, we need YOU! :)

Here is the link for Submitting an Adventure Proposal. There is PMiller's DM Workshop Series thread stickied with a wealth of information and advice as well.

There are benefits. You can earn DMC to put towards a 3rd character to play in LPF or apply them to leveling up your characters

If you an experienced PbP DM, then you are all set. You can start a proposal and one of the Judges can work with you and approve it.

But, what if you are not experienced? Not a problem, we can help you. :)
Judges approve adventures, but they also have some pre-made ones ready to use. Or they can work with you to come up with a home-made one quickly. You can start small and run a single encounter one-shot as well, the perfect way to get the hang of things.

If you are interested in DMing, just post here and start discussing with us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aura

Explorer
Coincidentally, I was just thinking about this last night. Of course, it's more long-range thinking, I am presently working on just being a good player.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You set your pace for the games you run, but you should make your expectations clear in the first IC post for the game. The games here have historically run pretty fast (with the exception of my own :.-() with a major GM update or progression to a new combat round every day to three days. A big part of that depends on the players' posting rate as well, which you can encourage as the GM to be faster or slower. More players means a slightly slower game.

I've been in a few games that ran two or three combat rounds a day, generally one encounter every other day. Others have taken a month for an encounter, running a round a week or so.

I tend to check my games two or three times a day, and try to post something at least every other day. If RL is getting in the way of that I try to remember to put up an OOC post to let the players know.

elecgraystone

First Post
I'd like to jump into the DM ring at some point, but I think it'd be best is I play here a bit before I jump in. I want to get a feel for the playstyle here first. I've found that my playstyle seems to differ a bit when I tried to make up a character so I want to fit in first. I have a few adventure ideas already, so by the time I'm ready, they should be fully formed.

That said, if some busy work needs done like rolling monsters, checking books or the like let me know. I don't mind lending a hand.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I'd like to jump into the DM ring at some point, but I think it'd be best is I play here a bit before I jump in. I want to get a feel for the playstyle here first. I've found that my playstyle seems to differ a bit when I tried to make up a character so I want to fit in first. I have a few adventure ideas already, so by the time I'm ready, they should be fully formed.

That said, if some busy work needs done like rolling monsters, checking books or the like let me know. I don't mind lending a hand.
We'll be here when you are ready. Meantime, take a look at how someone of us run an adventure and you will get an idea. No need worrying about spoilers, we don't repeat adventures.

Systole

First Post
I may be jumping the gun a bit, but the judges are kicking around a way to do very short adventures that run a month or less, with something 1-3 encounters. If people would be more interested in starting off with one of those, we'd be glad to know.

elecgraystone

First Post
We'll be here when you are ready. Meantime, take a look at how someone of us run an adventure and you will get an idea. No need worrying about spoilers, we don't repeat adventures.
Reading back adventures is on my to-do list. I hope between that and playing a bit I'll be ready.

To Sysole: A short mini adventure would be perfect to get my feet wet, Since I've been out of the roleplaying game for a few years (so I'm sure I'm a bit rusty). When I'm ready, I'd be interested in doing one or two of those before jumping into the adventure I've got in my head. :p

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases