Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Orisini is an old...acquaintance...of ours. But I thought he went out of the city with that girl we saved...Trinia something. He's a weapon master here in old part of the town, but has been closed for some time now.

Any idea where to start, Marshal?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Vencarlo definitely returned to the city after you got Trinia Sabor out safely," says Kroft. "But he's been lying low since then. I have his home address," she hands over a scrap of parchment. "He may well not be there but I suppose it's a start and may yield more clues. Beyond that, I suggest you use your knowledge of Old Korvosa and any contacts you may have this side of the barricade."

Kaodi

Hero
"Let us get on this immediately then," says Ignatius. "For too long we have been unable to act decisively while this city tears itself apart. We will find Vencarlo and, goddess willing, put an end to this madness." The ifrit blinks for a moment, and gives a small chuckle, "There is something rather ironic about my having to have said that."

Axel

First Post
"Well, that brings us to an interesting point," Mhairi says as she finishes fastening her utility belt across her waist. "This blockade. Any official and approved ways to cross it? I'm guessing not, given your transport, but its not a rhetorical question."

Neurotic

"We'll ask around. The city is old and there are people above and under it that know how to move undetected. I was one of them. I know. At worst, we cam brave the river again."

Axel

First Post
"Ugh..." Mhairi's nose wrinkles at the thought of swimming the river again. "If it was so easy, half the old town would've left already though."

Kaodi

Hero
"Nowhere near half of Old Korvosa has the access to magic that we do," notes Ignatius. "And those that have used it to escape probably care not to announce that fact to the public. Besides, until such a team as we discover we need to leave Old Korvosa to complete our task, I know not why we would want to. There is no good in such up and abandoning these poor folks just because we have the means to escape."

Neurotic

"Easy Ignatius. Nobody said anything about escape. But we DO need to move freely through the city.

Marshal, is there any news on Arcona family. We had a run in with the lord and they are rich and powerful. Maybe they can help, if they can be persuaded?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Marshal shakes her head.

"You probably know more than I do, they're trapped this side of the blockade same as you. They may be able to help, it's no secret that they have no love for House Arabasti. As to leaving Old Korvosa, not even the Grey Maidens may enter or leave - you are completely sealed off. But Vencarlo's house and Acadamy are over here on your side of the blockade, you may not need to cross over into the larger part of the city. As to getting messages across, perhaps Majenko?"

The pseudodragon stretches and flexes his wings.

I would remind everyone that I had to evade a particularly large patrol of imps one the way over here, he says. I'm happy to help but the odds are not good for a repeat performance.

"Sending," says Old Jeremiah. He looks apologetic. "It's not a spell I'm able to cast, and I wouldn't bank on the Acadame to help, but there are other mages in the city with no love for devil-binders."

Neurotic

"You were brave Majenko. But that brings another question Marshal. If Majenko cannot fly you out of here, how do you return? Do you need our help?"

After that is resolved, he turns to Old Jeremiah.
"Can you arrange such contact? You should be fairly safe within Old Korvosa. If there are none who can cast such spell, Brindom may know something or someone in the temple...except of course he is at the temple. Ignatius, are there any divine spells that could do such thing?"

Remove ads