Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius glances at Mhairi. "Could you describe this man for us, and tell us how we could contact him ourselves?" he asks, crouching down a bit so he can look the boy in the eyes. "We are on important business, trying to help Old Korvosa through these tough times. Anything you can tell us could end up helping everyone 'round here."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I dunno, just some bloke, get off me," says the boy. He suddenly looks sly. "I can take him a message for a gold piece," he says.

Axel

First Post
On hearing the urchin's reply Mhairi coughed and laughed at the same time, interrupting her heavy breathing, which in turn led to spluttering. Mhairi smiled in reply, though her eyes were steely. "For a gold piece? I don't think so. For a gold piece I want a lot more. You'll come with us, and show me and my friend where you were headed. And then you'll stick around, because I am not paying you until afterwards."

OOC: Diplomacy is +8 (or +9 if the urchin fancies her...). Figure that's so far inferior to Mr Diplomat that it'll just count as an assist roll.

Kaodi

Hero
"I must agree," says Ignatius. "For a gold piece you are going to have to work a little harder than that." The ifrit keeps his hold on the street urchin and makes his way back towards Edmond and Manachan. When they arrive, he says matter of factly, "This one was paid to keep an eye on the house, it seems."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi and Ignatius return to where Manachan and Edmond are still studying the outside of the house. The urchin occasionally gives a token struggle in Ignatius' grasp but seems to have resigned himself to his fate.

"Get off me," he says. "I'll do what the lady said."

Kaodi

Hero
"Alright," says Ignatius, loosening his grip and then letting go. "But you better not make me have to run you down again."

Dr Simon

Explorer
The urchin looks around, considering his options. For a moment he is tensed as if he will run again but then he relaxes.

"Alright," he says. "I'll take you to this bloke what hired me to watch the gaff, right? But then I'll get me gold, right?"

Axel

First Post
"That depends what happends afterwards. But you'll get at least a silver for that. Lead on then, we haven't got all day."

Remove ads