Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Dr Simon

Explorer
"The Sewers."

"Could be done, if you know your way around the sewers well enough to come up somewhere near Silk Street, although you should know that without the city officials to control them, the otyughs have been getting mighty testy lately."

"Who's the audience for his shows and how do they get in? I don't mind pretending to want to watch a bunch of sex and gore. It's a damn sight better than the sewers, at any rate. Besides, how do we know the set designer lives in this place?"

"The audience is usually Swastel, and his hired thugs, and more often than not the friends or relatives of the people getting killed in his little dramas. He uses it as a way to keep everyone in line. Crude, but effective. As for how I know, I ask around - Swastel needs to let people go to spread the word about his 'justice'. I've been looking for Scream myself, and all signs point to him being holed up at the Emperor's Palace."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I know the sewers. And otyughs might be less of a problem then you think. But if you think we can participate in the games or get invited, then by all means. Mhairi, can you check up on what he has in store for us?"

Axel

First Post
Mhairi looked quizzically at Edmond, with one eyebrow raised. "What, you think I've got a crystal ball to see these things? It takes time... Though yes, I reckon I could swing us an invite without too much hassle. Maybe even a backstage tour."

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius shivers. "From what you describe my personal preferred course of action would be to just burn the place ," says the ifrit with a frown. "I am not sure I can bring myself to watch such a spectacle or suffer it to go on."

Neurotic

"You will not have to suffer it for long, Ignatius. But certain restraint is necessary. I've already been in such challenge, yours truly will remember"...Edmond motions toward spider ex-king..."Once we get what we need, we can sack the place. Or give it to better management with the deep knowledge that certain things won't be tolerated."

"I don't know Mhairi, do you? Sometimes you seem to know what goes on the streets even after we spent two days holed up in the underground. But in this instance, I was just looking for your intuition."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi looks thoughtful for a moment. "Life would be easier and far less dangerous if we went in by the front door, so to speak. I'm sure if we asked to meet Swastel to talk business he'd be delighted. You see, I reckon we'd lend a legitimacy to him that he doesn't have," though the first time that ever happened to me... Mhairi giggles briefly at the thought, "And you guys might learn something that broadens your horizons. Stuff you'd never have known about otherwise," she added with a conspirational grin. "If we're lucky we might be able to umm...visit tonight. Just give me an hour or two alone eh? All that metal and clanking puts people on the defensive."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"So long as we remember the intent is to shut the place down, or eliminate the blood and violence at the least. A legitimate whorehouse, well managed, would be good for the neighborhood." The Aasimar looks worriedly at Mhairi. "Are you sure you'll be all right? This guy's bound to be looking for attempts to take him down. How will we know if your in trouble in time to get to you?"
[/section]

Neurotic

"Maybe Manachan could go with you? He doesn't clank. Actually, all but me could go. And I can follow from below if we agree on the route."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi gives Manachan a quick up and down appraisal, finishing with a mischevious grin. "You'll do. Manachan, if you're happy then lets go - its not my fault if you see things you didn't want to. Though we're only going to meet a umm...a friend of mine, who happens to know a lot of people. That way we can get invited to a show, rather than asking to come. Stronger bargaining position and...yeah. Give us two hours and we'll meet you guys at the orphanage. If I'm right, we might have invitations for tonight. If it doesn't work..." Mhairi shrugs, "Well, we can can try your way Ed. C'mon Manachan, the sooner we start the sooner it's done."

ooc: I'm happy for all this to be handled 'off stage' or by IC posts, depending what people want.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The priest's nod has an air of resignation, but he agrees to accompany Mhairi on her quest for invitations.​
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]I'm happy to role play it, but off-stage is probably best so we're not leaving Neurotic and Kaodi out of the action for a significant time. FtF would take 10 or 15 minutes; PbP could be a week or more.[/sblock]

Remove ads