some questions about the game and SWs droids

Argyle King

Legend
I figured they were just made up, but sometimes it does seem as though there is a vague sense of a system.

Mostly, I'm struggling to come up a better name for my current character. 4LE-VO isn't exactly something that rolls off of the tongue.

Agatheron

First Post
Sometimes you can try to be clever to have something that might sound like a straight up word or phrase in english... but it has all kinds of potential to be silly: eg: RU-H8n; AL-41; Im2-L8; 3DMu-V

fjw70

Adventurer
Right. I get that trees in other roles cost 10 extra. ...which is why I don't understand why they added the extra line about not being a career talent tree. That is what made me unsure of pricing; I was unsure if the extra cost should apply. The book would be (imo) clearer had that sentence not been there, and the pricing was simply listed the way it is. I am of the impression that Force Sensitive does not cost 10 extra.

I believe the reason for that extra sentence is to say that when you choose initial career specialization you can't choose the FSE. After that initial specialization is chosen then FSE is treated the same as other career specializations.

However, the book is very wordy in places.

Argyle King

Legend
We've been playing for a few sessions now, and I think we've finally gotten the hang of the dice. Sometimes it's still hard to remember what exactly you can spend advantage on and how much advantage the different options cost, but the group has the hang of what things mean.

Though, I have noticed that my droid is quickly becoming effectively immune to the majority of attacks our opponents can do in combat encounters. Through a combination of brawn, armor, and a cybernetic implant of armor, there are a lot of times when blaster fire has little to no effect. I'm certainly not complaining, but I was curious if this was normal in the experiences of other groups. It's something which seems to have happened rather quickly in the progression of my character.

Crothian

First Post
I haven't seen that but our Droid has not improved himself. I'm not sure I would allow a Droid to get a cybernetic implant though as that seems to be redundant. There are weapons that only target droids and someone just hitting him with a restraining bolt is not out of the question.

Medical Kits seem really good. If we are reading this right you get a free stimpack use after each encounter and using the medical kit ignores all penalties so no purple dice need rolled and it ads a blue one.

Argyle King

Legend
I haven't seen that but our Droid has not improved himself. I'm not sure I would allow a Droid to get a cybernetic implant though as that seems to be redundant. There are weapons that only target droids and someone just hitting him with a restraining bolt is not out of the question.

Medical Kits seem really good. If we are reading this right you get a free stimpack use after each encounter and using the medical kit ignores all penalties so no purple dice need rolled and it ads a blue one.

One of the racial advantages for the droid is to have a higher threshold for the amount of cybernetic upgrades allowed.

Currently, my soak is 8...

3 Brawn + 1 for one of the droid racial traits (I think I got Enduring -away from books,) 2 for armor worn + 1 for the built in armor + 1 for armor mastery

There are some opponents who can deal damage to me. Some of the ranged heavy weapons deal enough to get through soak. However, under normal circumstances (barring some miraculous luck on the dice) I can walk through a hail of blast and light blaster fire without much worry. Again, I'm certainly not complaining, but it seems unusual for something like that to happen so early in the game. From what I can see, it's only going to get more ridiculous as I invest more points or buy better armor.

I haven't noticed anything especially glaring about med kits. The group I'm in is still getting a feel for how healing works though, so we may have missed something.

All things considered though, I'm very highly enjoying the game. At first, I was unsure about the narrative dice after reading some rather scathing reviews about the edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay which used the special dice. After playing, I find that I highly enjoy the game.

Remove ads