[occ] Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

fireinthedust

Explorer
I'm having fun making a Wizard, I can be backup if it's first come first served. Nice write up. Would you want to be co-wizards? I'd like the Riftwarden Orphan trait too, and would love to RP the sibling angle. The other option is he's been exposed to too much, and his hair having gone prematurly white means "old man Orin" could have been Exposed to Awfulness. I was thinking human, but the original build was Elf. I'm going Conjurer to try something new.

Shayuri

First Post
Just curious...still can't find any reference as to what level this game starts at. Normally that means I'd assume level 1, but the tone of it seems higher power than that.

Not that I'm playing, but for future reference, I'm curious. :)

Space_Titanium

First Post
Shayuri - All of Paizo's Adventure Paths begin at level 1 if you work through all 6 books. The Wrath of the Righteous path is a bit different in that Paizo's having it use their Mythic rules, a replacement of the old epic rules in 3e.

81Dagon - I took the drawback because I like having a weakness in a character. Jorgun hasn't really met anyone outside of his clan or others in Mendev, and it makes sense that he'd be focused on his heritage to the exclusion of other cultures, although it may not come up much. My avatar is an interpretation of the character, but I can send you the file if you need it.

jackslate45

First Post
It would not let me post her from work, but now that I'm home I present View attachment Luna Lightbringer.pdf. I have the back story fragmented in my brain. I'll put it to words tomorrow, but here is the outline:

-From young age, noticed birthmark on her left hand of Iomedae
-Went to investigate at local church, but church full of cultists.
-Cultists captured her to try and turn her
-Failed, and Luna escaped
-Went to Seventh Chruch in Absalom to find out more, and ended up being trained by them
-In transit to Mendev for 5th Crusade.

Seeing as we had no other front liner as of yet, I updated Luna to be more combat focused then before.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mowgli: Also looks good! I wasn't expecting one of the Motherless, that will be a very interesting take on the Paladin. Do you know which of the Campaign traits you want to use?

There are quite a few that would work well with the background I have in mind - I've got it narrowed down to Stolen Fury or Touched by Divinity. The one I go with will depend on where I settle on the background.

Here are my pics - these are actually what I've been working on while I should've been working out his background :blush:. It took longer than I wanted to get his birthmark right, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

MedjaiIssaPortrait_zpsb595fd2c.png

MedjaiIssa_zpsfcfeae14.png

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[MENTION=95784]jackslate45[/MENTION]: That sheet is custom made by Ancient One over on the LoneWolf forums. You can find the thread here:

AncientOne's Custom Pathfinder Character Sheet. It's even sweeter than you think! He's put in on-screen controls so that you can customize where things are placed on the pages, drag and drop your gear to organize it (even dropping it into containers). Once you get it set up his updates come through the auto-update mechanism in HL.

It's been a long time since I got it set up for myself, but I'll poke around and see if I can figure out how it works and let you know.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Medjai Issa - Shining Knight of the Holy Light of Sarenrae

OK, here he is in his entirety (with the caveat that I may tweak him if others have suggestions).

In case it's not plain from the backstory, I went with Touched by Divinity as his Campaign Trait.

I'll get a mini-stat block worked up after I get official notice that I've got a place in the game (crossing fingers).

The pic below is also a link to the Photobucket file for his pic, so it should work for you as a map icon ;)

Working on a true description as well, but in general - 6'3" and 205 lbs, very pale skin and black insectoid eyes are the heritage of his Qlippoth blood. Deep, raspy voice - sandpaper over whiskey.

Attachments

• Medjai Issa.pdf
    227.2 KB · Views: 146

Leif

Adventurer
I think you may need sleep Leif. You're confusing Pathfinder for 4e ;)
So I was, and I did need sleep more than you know! Thanks. I don't know how I got the idea that this was a 4E game, especially since Mowgli's participating! Sorry about that.

Shoot, a Pathfinder Bard is easy-peasy to do! I do think I'd like to adjust his race to Half-Elven, though, if that's ok?

[sblock=chargen info copied from 1st post]
The Info:

Number of PCs: Five
Classes: Any pathfinder class. Psionics are okay.
Races: Any standard race is okay. I’ve also adapted several monstrous races to LA +0 (10-13 RP) versions using the rules of the ARG on my blog, which has a link below. I would be more than happy to allow you to use one of these races, or to work with you to create another 10 RP monstrous race if their background and motivations work with the campaign.
Ability Scores: Generate using 20 point buy
HP: Full at first level, then half+1 at each level afterwards.
Starting gold: Class standard
Alignment: Any non-evil, although I am willing to entertain the idea of neutral characters working for other forces of evil that are opposed to the Abyss (such as Hell) as long as they are willing to work with and take orders from Good PCs and NPCs, and as long the party still averages on the side of light and justice. See character tips below for more details.
Background: Does not need to massive, but personal character arcs are part of this AP, so you need to give me enough to work with. I’m going be putting effort into tying your background in to the campaign, so please put the effort into your story first! Also, you get one campaign trait which should tie into your background
Traits: Everyone gets two, plus an additional campaign trait from the Wrath of the Righteous Player’s Guide. I’m willing to be flexible with the backstory behind each of these traits though, so you you don’t have to use them verbatim.

[sblock=copied Character tips]
How should you prepare for the dangers that await you in the Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path? Just keep the following in mind when creating your character. These hints, suggestions, and character options are designed to help you create characters perfectly suited to jumping right into—and excelling over the course of—this mythic campaign.
Alignment: The theme of good versus evil is paramount throughout Wrath of the Righteous, more so than law versus chaos. Good-aligned characters make the most sense for this Adventure Path, be they lawful, neutral, or chaotic. Whether you play a lawful good hero or a character with more flexible morals, it’s important that your character be easily motivated to go to the Worldwound and fight demons. It‘s also a good idea, as in any campaign, to make your choice in a way that won’t be disruptive to the party. The disruption caused by bringing different alignments into the party will vary from group to group, so the best way to make sure that your choice works is to talk with your group about what you’re planning.
Bringing Friends: Friendly NPCs will be playing significant roles as allies throughout the Adventure Path, but that doesn’t mean you can’t bring your own friends. Small or Medium eidolons and animal companions will be more appropriate early in the campaign, and as early as the second adventure, larger companions and mounts will have numerous chances to shine. There are elements of travel, so you don’t need to elave your mount at home.
Classes: Wise generals use every tool available, and as such all disciplines are used in the fight against the demons of the Worldwound. You can find a place for a character of any class in Wrath of the Righteous, but some choices might seem especially appropriate. The paladin is an obvious choice, but any good-aligned religious class is certainly appropriate. This includes clerics (particularly with martial archetypes, like Crusader), inquisitors, or even oracles with the battle mystery. Cavaliers also make fine crusaders, particularly those sworn to the order of the star or to the various battlefield orders. Rangers who choose evil outsiders as their favored enemies are also particularly valuable. Though much of this Adventure Path concerns itself with martial elements and divine magic, it doesn’t leave out arcane casters. Sorcerers and wizards with talents for conjuration will find places to shine in the Adventure Path, and knowledge of the planes is important for those who fight against demonkind.
As you contemplate what class your character will be, consider the new options you will potentially have from Pathfinder RPG Mythic Adventures. Mythic paths are not tied to specific classes, but certain classes get more benefit out of particular paths.
Crusading Faiths: The faiths of Abadar, Iomedae, Sarenrae, Shelyn, and Torag are the most active among the crusaders of Mendev, although those of other good deities and empyreal lords (particularly Desna or the Empyreal Lord Pulura) have important roles to play as well. Faith in a deity is not required, but many of the allies and resources you’ll be encountering have ties to the good deities of Golarion.
Demons and Other Foes: Demons are the primary foes you’ll be facing in Wrath of the Righteous, but chaotic evil outsiders are far from the only enemies you’ll encounter. Humans, dwarves, and native outsiders are common as well, in the form of cultists and other opponents. Undead, aberrations, magical beasts, and vermin enemies will also be encountered relatively often.
Origins: People from all over the Inner Sea find their way north to Mendev, offering their swords to fight against the demons of the Worldwound. As such, your character can reasonably originate from anywhere in the Inner Sea. The Adventure Path begins in the crusader city of Kenabres, so make sure that your character has a reason to enlist in the fight and venture to Kenabres. The campaign begins on a holy day, so perhaps your character made a pilgrimage to Kenabres to celebrate the day prior to swearing herself or himself to the cause. A short primer on the city of Kenabres is included in this Player’s Guide on page 9.
Paladins: This Adventure Path is an excellent choice for paladin characters—not only are there a lot of foes paladins shine against, but from a roleplaying standpoint, the crusade against the Worldwound is tailor-made for paladins. Keep in mind, though, that there will be points during your adventure where things will look dark, and you will be presented with some difficult moral and ethical choices at times—in addition, make sure to read the notes on redemption on page 11.
Races: Outnumbered and facing an assault from evil outsiders, the crusade today has no compunctions regarding race when it comes to outfitting its forces. Able-bodied men and women from all races are welcome so long as they are willing to fight the good fight. At one time tieflings were distrusted and shunned, but now some of the fiend-blooded fight alongside aasimars while defending Mendev or striking against the horrors of the Worldwound. Many tiefling crusaders claim that their blood makes them the best suited to fighting demons, and they also have defenses that help them shrug off some of the demons’ deadliest attacks.
In addition to defending the continent from demonic horror, a fair number of dwarves who have joined the crusades battle the Worldwound in hopes of reclaiming a lost Sky Citadel within its borders.
While nearly every human ethnicity in the Inner Sea region can be counted among those who fight against the Worldwound, some say the Kellids are the most passionate about healing the Abyssal wound. Their homeland of Sarkoris fell when the Worldwound opened, and many Kellids in Mendev’s army fight not only to ensure the safety of future generations, but also to redeem their ruined homeland.
Redemption: Not every evil NPC in Wrath of the Righteous is meant to be killed. Now and then, you’ll encounter NPCs who are working hard to be redeemed, or otherwise working against their evil natures. Wrath of the Righteous will give characters several opportunities to redeem and guide NPCs and organizations alike toward the path of righteousness. Redemption might also be a personal mission for your character. Perhaps your character decided to fight for the crusades as a way to purge a tainted past.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads