[occ] Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

81Dagon

Explorer
Fire: I think all we'll need is one arcane caster for now. Sorry.

Shay: Space is right, I thought I had included it in the original post, but I must not have.

Jack: Stats look good, I think we have frontline duty covered, so you can tinker it back if you want, but I have no doubt some extra front line won't hurt. Outline skeleton look promising!

Mowgli: Looks great! I wasn't quite sure about the apperance at first, but once I read your description of his eyes being like a bugs it made sense. You've got the Tank spot held down. Everything seems good, although I think you are missing your 1/day spell that's a part of you campaign trait. Also, see the note immediately below.

Space and Mowgli: So both of you have gone with the same campaign trait. The Player's Guide suggests that if this happens both characters should worship the same god, but could we try and work it another way? Perhaps you have both felt a pull towards the other's god to a lesser degree than your own and/or perhaps your characters have met each other before? I don't think either character change faiths to accommodate the Player's Guide advice makes sense, since both faiths are core to your concepts.

I don't want to railroad you guys at all here, but I have been paying attention to JJs spoilers about the importance of the traits in further adventures, so I'm trying to head things off ahead of time, account for what I don't know and not give up the goat on what I do know all at once, all while making the story (which I only have a vague outline of) make sense. In the end, its your characters, so its up to you! I leave it in your more than capable hands.

Leif: Completely fine!

Elewan: Got your PM, you've got the Arcane spot! All I'll need now is a picture please.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
RE: Appearance - Yeah, I was having a hard time reconciling Motherless physical traits and a 14 Charisma (I know, I know - Charisma is personality not appearance :D), plus the rendering software I use doesn't do chitinous plates (his Armor of the Pit feat) very well. But I'm a tinkerer, and I've got a few ideas to roughen him up a little. I'll put in some black clawlike fingernails, and big hornstubs on his head could be his natural armor from the neck up. The rest of his plates are covered by clothes. I've also got to put his his prehensile tail yet; that should de-humanize him even more. And you can only see his fangs when he smiles . . .

RE: Trait - I've got to make the campaign trait in the HeroLab editor so I can put in that first level spell. Alternatively, I did almost go with the Stolen Fury trait. Given the suggestions for traits from JJ, would it be better for me to alter his backstory a little and do that? I'd keep the bits about dreams from Sarenrae since I like it too much to give up, but it would be fluff only rather than granting the trait. He doesn't really need the holy symbol, as he wears his on his forehead. I won't feel railroaded at all, as I like both of those traits a lot; I totally understand about the struggles with how much to enforce things. I've started a couple of APs as soon as the first installment came out and then had to make adjustments down the road 'cause I didn't know everything I needed when the game started.

81Dagon

Explorer
Hmm, tough call. I recall that Jack's using Stolen Fury as part of Luna's background. Maybe the cultists tried to use both she and Medjai in the same ritual and they escaped together at some point? Their is a certain symmetry to having an aasimar and a tiefling in an unholy ritual. The two of the having a preexisting relationship and correspondence over the years could add an interesting spin, if Jack's okay with it. Either trait should be workable in the end.

Edit - Creepy Detail Suggestions:
Feel free to take or leave as you like.
- Octopus tentacle instead of a tongue.
- Tiny insect antenna instead of eyebrow hair.
- 'Horns' that twitch and move independently.
- Tiny spider legs ringing the palm of the hand.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I think it would be easier - and probably better for the campaign as far as sharing traits - to work that in than to try to shoehorn two different faiths into the Touched by Divinity trait. Jack and I have a good history here on the boards and have shared backgrounds with other characters as well so it shouldn't be a problem, but I'll PM him just in case.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Nice suggestions! The horns that move independently sparked the notion of his chitinous plates moving around under his skin . . . that should work nicely, I think.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jack and I are collaborating on a shared backstory that shows some good promise both for character history and future RP opportunities.

I'm also working to "dirty up" the portrait previously posted, and I'm liking it more and more as I work. Once we get our stories straight and I get the pic finished I'll put up a completed character post.

(Man, I hope this game goes the distance - I'm very excited about this crew and this character!)

Elewan

First Post
This game is looking great so far. I"m excited to play will all of you. I need to do some more posts before it will let me do pictures, so I'm PM'ing Hannah's picture to 81Dagon

Remove ads