Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Preview and Review

Crothian

First Post
Since duties and obligations don't work the same can a character have both? It sounds like things are more powerful in this book how well can it be used with EotE? An Ace Pilot sounds better then a EotE Pilot so will anyone use that anymore or did it just become obsolete? Does it give advice for taking an EotE campaign and turning it into a Rebel campaign?

ksb

First Post
Hrm, I was going to wait for all three books to be out before snagging them, now i'm not so sure, I was under the assumption the books would all work with one another, but the preview seems to contradict that with professions and duties and obligations.

Last edited:

watanabe2k

First Post
Since duties and obligations don't work the same can a character have both? It sounds like things are more powerful in this book how well can it be used with EotE? An Ace Pilot sounds better then a EotE Pilot so will anyone use that anymore or did it just become obsolete? Does it give advice for taking an EotE campaign and turning it into a Rebel campaign?

I believe that you will be able to have both Duty and Obligation.

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer

The Pilot Specialization for both the Ace and Smuggler are identical specializations with the same Talent Trees. One is not more powerful than the other. Same for the Engineer Mechanic and Technician Mechanic specializations... same Talent Trees.

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
Hrm, I was going to wait for all three books to be out before snagging them, now i'm not so sure, I was under the assumption the books would all work with one another, but the preview seems to contradict that with professions and duties and obligations.

Both books are perfectly compatible. The new Force Sensitive Emergent specialization starts with the same Force Rating as the specialization in EotE and AoR has two new Force Powers that are fairly and equally balanced with their EotE counterparts and since all Force Powers in both books require a Force Rating of 1 to purchase into than people with either Force User specializations can buy into any of the 5 Force Powers we will have.

Crothian

First Post
The Pilot Specialization for both the Ace and Smuggler are identical specializations with the same Talent Trees. One is not more powerful than the other. Same for the Engineer Mechanic and Technician Mechanic specializations... same Talent Trees.

Wow, that's boring. They call this book a playtest and they need to playtest talent trees that are in the prior game?

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
Wow, that's boring. They call this book a playtest and they need to playtest talent trees that are in the prior game?

Age of Rebellion is its own game. It is fully compatible with Edge of the Empire but it Is also its own game so a Pilot is a Pilot I guess. I think its brilliant and smart of FFG to do this, and I think its great they are doing this. It shows that these games, while being separate game lines, are fully and very compatible with no power increase between them unlike their Warhammer 40k line of games... which are fairly incompatible as each of those games are set at different power levels.

Vigilance

Explorer
I bought this the first day of the Con. I've been working there but have had a chance to look at it some.

Duty and Obligation seem compatible, as in you could have both. Duty is more like your rank in the Rebellion.

There are some repeated sections, but there would kind of have to be, for the game to stand on its own.

There are a lot of new careers and specializations, new military starships, an adventure, and a new force user specialization as well.

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
There are four (4) repeat specialization trees out of twenty (20). And they are connected to different careers. I like that a pilot spec is a pilot spec. Otherwise one would be the "right" one and the other would get mothballed.

I think 16 new talent trees, running Duty and Obligation side-by-side, testing out the capital ship stats, and trying to find the rough edges between EotE and AoR compatibility are plenty worthy of a getting a Beta+ game almost a year early.

Remove ads