Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Following the edge of the hedgerow will lead to the hedge's terminus, where a stone wall continues around to the front of the manse. There is scant space between the hedgerow and the wall. Each is about 8 feet tall and, you estimate, several feet thick.

Leif

Adventurer
There is an old, but well-oiled and well-maintained ironwork gate, part of which is shaped like a unicorn rampant not far from the end of the hedgerow and the beginning of the wall. Through the ironwork gate you can see an oval pool beneath the balcony, and an area beside the pool that seems to be composed of some sort of gravel or something, but the exact features are difficult to discern by moonlight/starlight.

Leif

Adventurer
Unicorn Gate

The gate swings freely and silently on its hinges. On the other side, the characters see more clearly what they had glimpsed through the gate: a featureless tower wall rises fifteen feet, where a small balcony projects outward overlooking an oval pool in the ground below. There is a border of gravel composed of small, smooth stones of indeterminate color (due to the darkness) that extends about five feet back from all sides of the pool, which is twenty feet across, and of a totally unknown depth. At the back of the balcony, there is of course a doorway into the tower, and this doorway is obscured by a curtain that is slightly billowing slowly, as if recently disturbed.

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Testing the weight of his axes and sliding forward, Firil turns to the wizard,

Yes, but carefully. Something doesn't smell right here. Ghavdrash? Are you coming?

He gestures to the dragonborn and moves on toward the doorway, staying away from the gravel, which would make too much sound.

Leif

Adventurer
Doorway

The doorway is fifteen feet in the air, at the back of the balcony projecting from the tower. Perhaps you should all read my previous post (# 95) again?

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Damn moonlight reflections playing tricks with my eyes. Thought I saw a doorway below. Any thoughts on how to get up there?

As he speaks, Firil slides closer to the pool, still away from the gravel, attempting to glimpse anything in the water.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases