Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: I'm new to this, so let me know if you want me to follow up on the OOC thread instead or even a PM. I am curious how much Ghavdrash knows about our parents' disappearance, starting with whether they were working together when they disappeared, and whether there were others in their company, perhaps others who were also honored in the ceremony. Just so I know what base Ghavdrash will be beginning his investigation from.
OOC: You can ask any meta-gaming questions like these that you have in the OOC. You can ask them here, too, if you clearly indicate your comment as being ooc, which you did. Generally, though, things flow more smoothly if we keep [most of] the ooc comments in the ooc thread. This is not always possible or appropriate. For instance, I elected to answer your ooc question in the thread in which it was posted.

To answer your questions, though: Frankly. I don't know. Why don't you decide for Ghavdrash's parents, everyone else can do likewise for their PCs, and we'll see where that puts us? I reserve the right as DM to overrule anything that doesn't fit with the developing story, but I'll do what I can to keep that to a bare minimum. There may well have been others who were lost when your parents were. That is something else that remains unknown at this time.

Goldhammer

First Post
Guard tries to answers the young wizard's questions as best she can. Yet there are so many of them and she doesn't know all the answers. Inside she can feel Strike getting bored with this kid. "The Warforged's bodies are created by by the smiths of Moradin and awoken by his Rune of Life. It is through God of forges that we live." Guard explains."I am one of his priestesses, a Forge Maiden. There were many of us created to guide the warforged in the ways of Moradin. There were two different kinds of Forge Maidens created, the Hammerstrikes and the Shieldguards. I guess you could say I'm a....combination of the two."

Guard is slightly relieved when the Dragonborn paladin approaches them. "Thank you, Let me honour your offer by calling you brother." The Forge Maiden says, shaking his hand. "I am Guard, it is a pleasure to meet someone dedicated to the god of knowledge. The high priest of Moradin often spoke of the deeds of Ioun's paladins."

You can also see a slight smile on the warforged's face, until the servant with the wine arrives. Guard's right arm suddenly reaches for the bottle of wine until she stops herself. "I think it's best if I avoid the wine for now." She says, holding down her arm.

Last edited by a moderator:

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Firil follows over to the new pack, taking in the robed figure he has only briefly brushed in his time at court.
Greetings...Rydan, is it? I'm sorry this must be how we get to know each other. Bad enough that I'm missing a father but for you...
He drops awkwardly silent.

Turning to the warforged,
Guard, it is well but sadly met. Your creator forged you well, as I well know from our drills.
He rubs a shoulder, smiling faintly.

Looking around at the concerned faces of the others, he asks
Does anyone have any further news of what happened? My father pounced on the opportunity to leave the court after so long sat on his haunches, but I have no idea what the King would have asked that was so important. I never had the chance to talk to him for long enough. And is it any coincidence that we're all standing here now? ALL of the relatives of the Heroes? And why have they not recovered the bodies?
His grey eyes flash and his head tilts to one side.

Scotley

Hero
Rydan nods at the expressions of condolence. "I came here in hopes of finding answers myself. I am sorry to say that I have no additional information."

Leif

Adventurer
At this point, a liveried servant approaches the group with a note that he indicates is from a man standing on the other side of the study in a group of royal retainers and servants. The note says, "Greetings, I am Horace, and I know something of your predicament. I would speak to you all, but not here. I am the green-robed, older man with the red beard. I shall await you at the Green Star Inn tomorrow at the hour of 2 o'clock. Until then, may fortune favor your valiant souls. (Yes, even you, Guard!)" Now that you know who to look for, you can easily spot Horace across the study. He is very cagey, but does manage to give you a signal of greeting, and then one of 'adieu' as he leaves.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Rydan tries hard not to be obvious in staring at Horace and studies a wall hanging calling the other's attention to it. Once everyone is turned from curios eyes he addresses the group. "Well, I for one will be at the Green Star Inn tomorrow. Um, does anybody know where that is? I really don't know the city well."

Goldhammer

First Post
"Regardless of what has happened to your father's body, know that his soul is now among the honoured heroes in the realms of the gods." Guard says to Firil. "Please take some comfort in that."

The Warforged reads the note and takes a moment to think it over. "I believe Strike has been to the Green Star before." Guard says. "My memory of the night is however cloudy at best."

"This guy sounds like a ponce to me!" Guard can hear Strike's voice say in her head. "And what's he mean by "even you, Guard"? He think less of us because we're a warforged?"

Leif

Adventurer
OOC:
Anyone wish to do anything more at the after-ceremony party, like hobnob and schmooze, drink, eat, inspect the library's holdings, and/or try to make more contacts, or should we advance to tomorrow's meeting? Does anybody know where the Green Star Inn is located, or do you need to see about getting directions? [This is totally at the discretion of each player.]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Agreed, Shale responds. I hope it is worth our time, but I can't imagine refusing to pursue such a lead. While I don't know what awaits us, I am honored to be facing it with all of you.

Scotley

Hero
"Well, I have lost both my parents and my mentor, so I have nothing but time." The young man shrugs his narrow shoulders. "I guess we best be sure we can find the place don't you think?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases