Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [IC 01]

Redclaw

First Post
With a chagrined grimace, Shale wipes the remaining flames from his lip. Should have stuck with the three swallows, he groans, but that was good 'fyre. He fishes in his pocket for his two silver and slams them on the bar. Sorry, boys. It looks like we'll have to pay tonight after all.

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Firil laughs heartily and claps Shale on the back,

Good show, my stony companion! I'd have expected a display like that from our dragonborn friend! In fact, that remind me of a story I should share...

He turns to the server,

A dark ale, if you please, and don't stop until I'm lying down!

Goldhammer

First Post
Strike throws the barkeep two coins and then downs her drink. It's unknown just where the drink goes, but where ever it goes, it does seem to help relax her joints. Also helps shut up that voice in her head. Always whining about this and that. "That'll grease your gears." She says. "Keep em coming, barkeep."

She takes a moment to watch Shale be served a flaming drink. "Whoa! They got drinks on fire here?! The slag I didn't know about this?"

She watches with great amusement as her stoney comrade is knocked out by this mighty brew. But when he reawakens and says they should pay for their drinks, Strike snaps into action. "Like frag we're paying. Barkeep, gimme one of those Dragonfyre! I'll show you how it's done!" She barks, all the while a little voice inside her head tells her they're meant to meeting someone.

Leif

Adventurer
Dragonfyre #2

With a wry smirk, the barkeep places the drink before Guard/Strike.

OOC: The warforged's DC 20 check is modified by +3 for her Con, and +2 for her race, for a total +5.

Goldhammer

First Post
Strike takes the drink and downs it in one gulp, fire and all. "Ha too easy!" She says, wiping her mouth. "Problem with you fleshies is you're all too-too-too-too-too-too-too-."

Strike freezes up as a smoke begins to bellow out of her. With that, she falls to the ground with a loud clang! She remains frozen on the floor, stiff and as unmoving as a statue.

Scotley

Hero
Rydan reddens then speaks in a somewhat squeaky voice. "Um, I do have a little experience in being dosed with noxious distillates. That doesn't look any worse than several my old master tested out on me in the past. I'll give one a try if you please miss." His eyes widen a bit perhaps shocked by his own boldness. He slips on a glove before raising the fizzing and hissing crockery. "To our families and to your health my friends." He pinches his nose with one hand and knocks back the drink.

OOC: Let's hope his background choice of 'test subject' and human perseverance feat do him some good. He does have a +2 for Con. Unmodified d20 roll= 1d20=17

Redclaw

First Post
Shale looks around as, one after another, his new companions emulate his ill-fated effort. He tries not to laugh as flames spout from a variety of faces, and is even a little alarmed as the warforged seems to seize up and topple. If I'd known you all were so eager to court disaster, I would have ordered an Ilithid Mind Eraser, he says with a friendly laugh. Here's to true companions in times of sorrow, he toasts as he drains the dark ale chaser he ordered.

Remove ads