Of the WotC Forums and the OTT

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Well I'd like to stop receiving emails when someone writes in this thread, but it seems that this is borked.

Switching from one lame place to another, yeah! /sigh

PigKnight

First Post
I think you can unsub from threads to stop that.

EDIT: Go to settings and one of them will keep you from subscribing to threads.

Last edited:

PigKnight

First Post
Settings -> General Settings -> Messaging and Notification -> Default Thread Subscription mode. I think you'll still have to unsub the htreads you're already subbed to.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I know. I lost 22K+ posts. I was actually able to sign on at first, then all of the sudden I got logged out. Tried to log back in and it was pointless. I couldn't log in. I kept on getting redirected to the homepage. Then I saw that dannyalcatraz has mentioned he had to request a new password, so I tried the same thing and I got a message that my account had been deactivated due to a CoC violation. I haven't posted anything in about a week or two since I've been sick and I didn't feel like having all my posts deleted after their announcement. I've been emailing customer service, but they are giving me the typical BS "clear you cookies or try another browser." I think I finally managed to get them to uderstand that there are accounts that are being closed or whatever. I got this as a reply from them:

I don't think they'll let me back. The email I got actually used the word 'terminated'. Like I said, they only say it's cuz of some ToS violation that they don't describe. I hadn't posted in a week or whatever so I have no idea what happened.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Well I'd like to stop receiving emails when someone writes in this thread, but it seems that this is borked.

Switching from one lame place to another, yeah! /sigh

I got it to stop. Unsubscribe seems to have done the job. I agree it's sorta lame to default to on but whatever - it's a minor annoyance compared to what WotC did.

Ragnar_Lodbrok

First Post
I don't think they'll let me back. The email I got actually used the word 'terminated'. Like I said, they only say it's cuz of some ToS violation that they don't describe. I hadn't posted in a week or whatever so I have no idea what happened.
I got the same e-mail. With my moderation history there, I'm not sure they had or wanted a reason.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I got the same e-mail. With my moderation history there, I'm not sure they had or wanted a reason.
Yeah, my guess is you just needed to be associated with OTT to get the boot. What did Piggles and Klirshy ever do?

The ironic part is that TS probably got booted too.

Remove ads