Discussion of Wiki Design

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Approved Characters page:
I disagree with breaking this page into active and inactive. The whole point is to have a complete list of characters. I feel if you want to look at active characters you should use the Active Adventures page. I suppose an alternative is to have subcategories of the Approved Characters page then we could also add Retired/Deceased as a subcategory.

So, my take on PM's solutions in short:
#1-3: Basically this all seems to be about adding more links where we can. I agree, with the exception of alphabetizing the Adventure Log pages and whether Active Adventures has a TOC; I don't use the TOCs much anymore (though I don't mind if they exist) and I addressed the alphabetizing above.
#4: I'm on board with those fixes (though I would prefer the use of tabs).

Actually, I probably don't need to use the Approved Characters page, except to find a character that is not on the Active Adventures page. Since it is based on the Category assigned on the sheet, it is probably more trouble than it is worth to mess with. So lets leave that alone, then. :)

On the other stuff, can someone take care of doing the some of the changes for #1, #2, #3. Mainly adding in links and the changes to Key Pages Header (Moving Creating a Character to Characters & adding the Link to the Adventure Log). I think those are no argument changes and the other suggestions can be left alone. I don't really feel that strongly about them if they are not desired. :p

I will work on the Adventure Tracking Clean-up and restructure. If we don't like it when it is done, we can revisit. But I think it will be more functional for what we are using it for. Maybe we should rename it?

Satin Knights

First Post
I kept pondering, but wasn't coming up with a better solution. And at the moment, I am behind in character reviews and closing down two games before I get the new one up. So, too many things in the todo box to fiddle with that page yet. Maybe sometime next week I could.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases