Sleepy Hollow

Crothian

First Post
I liked it. I don't know what the ratings are but I don't see it getting canceled and FOX usually canceled shows based on that and not quality.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I've seen the first and second episodes now...

You know what it reminds me of? Any number of genre shows of the late 80s and early 90s: Friday the 13th: The Series, She Wolf of London, Forever Knight, and their ilk. Somewhat better special effects, but similar style and writing, honestly.

This does not bother me one bit. It is not a criticism - merely an observation.

Nytmare

David Jose
The pilot episode left me far more excited than the last two, but I'm definitely going to keep watching it. In general, I really like how most of the otherworldly elements were filmed/imagined. Any of the shots of the demon or Sandman walking around reminded me a lot of Pan's Labyrinth.

The police force and ex boyfriend left me scratching my head a lot though.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Seems like an interesting show so far. I like it, but don't love it. The two leads are appealing - Ichabod and Abbie. But I do agree with the above poster that it seems a bit like the X-File so far - two "monster of the week" episodes after the headless horseman pilot. But, they do seem to have an over-arching plot to the show that will be tied together over time. So, I'm hoping that it's good.

I wonder how much they'll play up the "fish out of water" thing with Ichabod? After his mini rant about the tax on a cup of coffee, they've haven't used it too much so far. (flush toilets? the internet? airplanes? men on the moon?)

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
NewJeffCT said:
I wonder how much they'll play up the "fish out of water" thing with Ichabod? After his mini rant about the tax on a cup of coffee, they've haven't used it too much so far. (flush toilets? the internet? airplanes? men on the moon?)

My favorite so far was when he ditched the gun Abbie handed him after a single shot.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
My favorite so far was when he ditched the gun Abbie handed him after a single shot.

Yeah, I was totally confused about that until they explained it. Then I was like "oh yeah, makes sense; didn't even think about that".

If they do use the "fish out of water thing" too often it'll became lame. Maybe like one per week or something. More than that it would be overused.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases