Sleepy Hollow

frankthedm

First Post
I'll watch it after the first season is over or cancelled. Fox's track record prevents me from getting exited over a show they may cancel at the drop of a hat.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Just watched the first episode. A lot better than I expected. The main characters, and the police chief, were refreshing.

Not a huge amount of depth, but not much room for much in a one hour show, so not a complaint. Will have to see how it develops.

The effects, in particular, the horseman, were a little weak, but, that may be deliberate. I'm thinking, what will make the show are the leads, and what impact they can build into the story.

I do hope they make good use of Ichibod being a man from a different era. Will be very very annoying if they don't handle this well. Although, they could overdo it. Ichibod seems to be a quite clever fellow, so he should pick up the modern era, at least to a degree.

Thx!

TomB

Dragonwriter

First Post
I'll watch it after the first season is over or cancelled. Fox's track record prevents me from getting exited over a show they may cancel at the drop of a hat.

Season 2 is already confirmed as coming.

I'm thankful my on-demand service has this available, as I've really been enjoying the show. The leads are good, the writing is pretty good for a brand-new show, and the overarching story has a lot of cool potential.

The last two episodes were alright (not as cool as the pilot), but they still tied into the army of Evil that is supposed to follow the Horsemen. The Sandman was pretty darn creepy for a TV show monster, and it had an interesting incorporation of quasi-myth (I say quasi-myth because I am unfamiliar with much in the way of Native American mythology and have no idea if it's a legit creature), which I appreciate. Definitely looking forward to the rest of this season.

Remove ads