Where to find a nerdy girl?

Gfreak2x9

Explorer
It said in the description that we could post personal stuff here so I go!

I am a Nerdy young man who works almost full time (I average about 36 hours a week) and ever since I graduated high school finding the right girl has been quite the struggle. I don't just want any girl that likes me, I want a nerdy girl that I can talk to about nerdy things! But I can never seem to find them! I feel like a hunter that has been looking for a rare and elusive species with little to no luck. I go to my local hobby shop but sad to say I rarely see women there. In fact I have never seen women there unless its a Magic the Gathering night, but even then the ratio is about 4 men to every 1 woman and most of the women who attend are there with their boyfriends supporting their hobby. I don't even know where to start! This was so easy in high school when all I had to do was say "Hi" and talk to a young lady. I'd see her almost every day and it could slowly grow into something and often did! Now that I'm 20 (about to turn 21) this has gotten a heck of a lot harder! Its not as simple as walking past her locker to see what pictures she has hung up. I can no longer stop and start a conversation about her cool Ravenclaw picture. So where does a guy like me find a nerdy girl?

I logged in after many years and replied to myself...

Hello!

I'm you at age 24 and I'm here to answer your questions! First and foremost try not to post these things online kiddo, you may find a 20 page thread laughing in your face when you're older. Second of all, you're 21 and complaining on EN World...this might be part of the problem! But I digress, you are young, you just turned 21 after all! Beyond your basic understanding of High School relationships, you have no clue what love even is! Let me reassure you of a few things...

You will find love! Her name is Anna and she will be the greatest blessing in your life! Honor her, love her, and never forget why you fell in love with her in the first place! She will become your best friend, and a loving partner who humbles you with her kindness.

The people you are gaming with right now! They are not your friends, they are toxic, and they bully you. You're 21 and you don't know this... but you have serious issues pal. All those years of mental abuse from an angry stepfather... they did their number whether you deny it or not. It's okay though. You are 21, and you're able to help yourself! Go to therapy, and start to heal. You'll come out a stronger, healthier man, who is able to love as he should.

Get a better job! You do have SOME real friends and they hook you UP man! You get years of tech support and customer service experience that will boost your resume for years to come! But that's beside the point! APPLY YOURSELF! You are smarter than you think, and you can learn more than you realize! Like D&D life is what you make it! Right now you are a level 1 adult...with no idea how to do anything! Its amazing what 3 (almost 4) years can do to a man!

Learn to get over your mistakes. Everyone makes them. Many people are ashamed of them, but I encourage you to think otherwise! Realize that each and every person in this world had to make mistakes to get where they are today! Nobody woke up with $20,000,000,000 from divine intervention and simply lives happily...they earned it. And part of earning it was making those mistakes!

Finally! Posting on EN World looking for girls, bad idea! Nothing says desperate like crying alone while writing on a nerd forum! Geez! Getting a dating profile? Good idea! In fact that's how you meet Anna! Though she won't actually play D&D with you until 6/30/2017, at which point you'll long into EN World and CRINGE at your social awkwardness before stopping and thinking about how much you've grown. Then you'll post to your own thread and give some good advice to yourself and others in your situations. Even the ones you were too afraid to bring up back then!

Sincerely, yourself at age 24!

I logged in again after several more years away...

Hello me at 24, its your friend you at 29 (nearly 30) years old!

EN World isn't really the place for any of these things but I suppose I'll humor you a bit. Your life will shortly change forever! In the year 2019 you're going to lose your Mom. You'll be utterly unprepared for it and it will destroy you on the inside. But thankfully you still have Anna. She is so patient and loving. She'll help you through this difficult time but things will indeed get worse. In 2020 the world will be ravaged by a virus known as COVID-19. This nightmare is like nothing the world has seen before. It will claim countless lives and ruin many others. Though you will not personally lose anyone many others will not be so lucky. It will lay low your once scheduled D&D group leaving you lonely and wishing you could leave the house. After the quarantine lifts you'll be wearing a mask for quite some time in order to keep the virus at bay. Years will go by as it claims the lives of many but you and your loved ones will luckily survive. However in that horrible year of 2020 something magical did happen! You finally proposed to Anna and she said "Yes". What a lucky man you are! The current year is 2022 and after some rough times you're finally getting back to D&D. So is much of the world actually! D&D is incredibly popular now! Thanks to Critical Roll (an online D&D campaign that will take the world by storm) and the release of 5th Edition D&D many have flocked to the hobby! You really are younger than you think. Perhaps an even older version of us will reply in a few years. You've already done this twice! Whats to stop another reply?

Sincerely,

Yourself at 29.

Last edited:

Grehnhewe

First Post
Internet dating websites. They work.
i have been on eharmony for half a year and although I have chatted with a few girls I have only dated one girl. Have you tried march.com or tinder? Most of them are fugly or live too far away on eharmony.

Back to nerdy girls...I think you are more likely to find hot ones at ren-faires or com icons.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
i have been on eharmony for half a year and although I have chatted with a few girls I have only dated one girl. Have you tried march.com or tinder? Most of them are fugly or live too far away on eharmony.

Back to nerdy girls...I think you are more likely to find hot ones at ren-faires or com icons.
From what I understand of eharmony is that you can't see all the girls, you only get a profils a day. That is not practical.

You need to send lots of messages to answer, and lots of answers to get a chat, and lots of chats to get a date. Once you get the bal rolling you can get a date per week.

As for ugloids, well we do have the most beautiful women in the world here.

Grehnhewe

First Post
Yeah, you are right...I should be throwing myself out there a little more. The chicks here are super hot and fit, but eharmony maybe gives me 2% that are from my area. Just was thinking of trying something else.

Grehnhewe

First Post
I was thinking of going to this lock and key event at the Polo Fields. Guys are given keys to insert in the girls lock. A reason to meet and have a chat. Plus there are cocktails and Polo to watch. Glad the polo players are on the field...can't really compete monetarily with blokes that travel the world with a dozen horses playing polo.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases