Where to find a nerdy girl?

Dwimmerlied

First Post
[MENTION=5143]Majoru Oakheart[/MENTION]. I had to laugh at this, what a silly thing to text :D Probably turned out for the best is my guess...

My gf has a theory that guys are generally wired to invest more energy into hobbies; something to do with a primal instinct for developing survival skills. I don't know about that, but I swear she could spend hours looking at baby memes. You know, for the witty motivational statements and all....

Regarding the judgemental thing, I've been guilty of being niaeve before; Most people I've ever met aren't much like the persona they sell on the street :D but like your example shows, its usually just a matter of degree, and normal is definitely subjective.

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
[MENTION=5143]Majoru Oakheart[/MENTION]. I had to laugh at this, what a silly thing to text :D Probably turned out for the best is my guess...
It was in the middle of another conversation. But she drew a line in the sand that I was too obsessed with gaming and she couldn't continue to date someone that didn't put their time and energy into more worthwhile pursuits. She was studying to become a doctor. She spent most of her time studying and felt that when someone put 80% of their time into studying, volunteering, and doing "worthwhile" things that they were allowed small breaks in order to have fun.

My philosophy in life tends to be on the side of "One works in order to have enough money to do fun stuff. The fun stuff is your life, the other stuff is simply obligation that enables the fun." I'm not really sure our world views were compatible. She literally could not relax for long periods of time before she felt guilty that she wasn't doing work.

She broke up with me that night and refused to budge. We're still friends on facebook, where most of her posts are about her travels to foreign countries and the hundreds of pictures she's taken.

Remove ads