Where to find a nerdy girl?

I would suggest doing all of the above. If you want to find a specific kind of person, you need to increase the number of times you meet and interact with people of that type, which is what you were asking in the OP. So college, conventions and dating sites would all be good ideas.

If you are 21, college is a very good idea for LOTS of reasons. Not just meeting girls.

I've personally met "nerdy" girls on dating sites, so I can't knock that. In fact I met my current gf on a dating site. I wouldn't really consider her "nerdy" like some of the girls I've met online. She's not a gamer, but we have plenty of other things in common. She writes music and, like me, she spends most of her time sitting home writing or "playing" with her friends. So the odds of us meeting in some other way are pretty slim.

I have friends who have "hooked up" at cons.... but I don't know how much of that I believe either, IYKWIM. :erm:Seems to me you aren't likely to establish a long term relationship with someone you meet at a con, but you are very likely to meet the kind of person you are looking for.

Last edited:

sabrinathecat

Explorer
How long before you can give someone an XP again? I keep getting told to spread XP around, but the post I want to reward can't be given another yet.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
And sadly, despite how much I'd always wanted to find a nerdy girl, somehow I managed to find someone who was the complete opposite. She's into fashions and in fact has designed clothes and sold those clothes in her own store. She absolutely detests dnd. Sadface for me, but we get along well and we love each other regardless.

And I've been completely unsuccessful nerdifying her.

Herschel

Adventurer
Back to nerdy girls...I think you are more likely to find hot ones at ren-faires or com icons.

And be one of the 17000 dweebs that are hitting on them while they're already in defensive mode.

You want to find a female for romantic relations?

1. Take a shower, shave, and go do things socially. There are singles clubs in every even semi-major population center, some of them free.

2. Leave the house often.

3. If you're an introvert, get over it and tap in to your extroverted side. She'll never know if your an introvert or extrovert if you never talk to her.

4. Don't target what you think are "nerdy girls" because that's self-defeating and myopic. Find someone you like and who likes you and release their inner nerd. Almost everyone has "nerdistic tendencies", maybe not the exact same ones. When you're already in a niche, restricting yourself to an even smaller niche is a recipe for failure.

5. Get over yourself. You're not a special snowflake any girl would be lucky to have. That's a lie your mom told you. Be realistic about who would be attracted to you.

5a. Speaking of, looks aren't everything. A psychotic hottie is still psychotic (though admittedly can be a lot of fun ;) ) There needs to be a level of attraction, obviously, but would you really be happy with Skankasaurus Rx?

6. Don't be needy. Women can smell desperation and it's wearing Chanel No. Fail. Approach events with an open mind and don't just spaghetti stalk. If you end up really talking to a few and discovering it's not a good match then it's still productive. Throwing bad passes at every girl in the room to see if one sticks is not productive nor will give you the desired results. Well, unless you decide you do want Skankasaurus Rx.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases