Leave your smartphone at the door, get 10% off your meal

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I like this. A restaurant is offering customers a 10% discount if they leave their phones at the entrance so that they will socialize with the people in front of them. I hate it when people text or check their FB in front of me when I am talking.

And from doing it on a few dates, I can tell you the girls do not like it either. Except the ones who are business types, they seems to find it acceptable.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Great idea for parents with younger kids who just want to get out.....just don't stay connected in the easiest way possible. /s

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Great idea for parents with younger kids who just want to get out.....just don't stay connected in the easiest way possible. /s

You just do what everyone did quite happily for decades - tell the babysitter the phone number of the restaurant for emergencies.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
But why? I have a cell largely to keep it easy to stay in touch with my children. Why make it harder? Heck, by your logic why carry a phone at all?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
But why? I have a cell largely to keep it easy to stay in touch with my children. Why make it harder? Heck, by your logic why carry a phone at all?

What do you mean by "why"? Because of the reason in the first post. It's one thing to disagree with it, but to pretend you haven't even seen it? :D

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
It is not like humanity always had phones. But your "need" is just part of the why we are losing privacy, can always be watched, tracked or reached. Not that I am judging, just observing.

Remove ads