Good Medium size creature for Polymorph?

smetzger

Explorer
What would be a good medium sized creature for my 15th level sorcerer to polymorph his 14th level monk cohort into?

Thanks,
*:> Scott

Artoomis

First Post
smetzger said:
What would be a good medium sized creature for my 15th level sorcerer to polymorph his 14th level monk cohort into?

Thanks,

You are testing cohort loyalty in the extreme here.

Why would a 14th level monk want to be polymorphed into anythin else, barring specific circumstances, of course.

Okay, that aside, I'd say a Winged Half-Celestial Human. The ability to fly would be great.

shilsen

Adventurer
Artoomis said:
Okay, that aside, I'd say a Winged Half-Celestial Human. The ability to fly would be great.

I think that would count as a variant form of a human, which is not allowed. According to the spell description (the errataed version in T&B), you can turn the subject into "an ogre but not a half-dragon ogre".

Antikinesis

First Post
smetzger said:

Thanks,
Depends on what your sorcerer has in mind for his cohort, after the polymorph.

A sheep? :D

-AK

Artoomis

First Post
shilsen said:

I think that would count as a variant form of a human, which is not allowed. According to the spell description (the errataed version in T&B), you can turn the subject into "an ogre but not a half-dragon ogre".

Well, okay, but you get the idea. A winged humanoid that has "regular" feet and hands. I just can't think of one - but I think one exists in either MM or MM2.

Last edited:

Tyrrell

First Post
Depends on what your sorcerer has in mind for his cohort, after the polymorph.
a nymph?
Well, okay, but you get the idea. A winged humanoid that has "regular" feet and hands. I just can't think of one - but I think one exists in either MM or MM2.
A gargoyle, you pick a good bit of natural armor this way.

Antikinesis

First Post
Artoomis said:

Not exactly humanoid, but a Gargoyle, perhaps?

[EDIT] Argh! Curse you, Tyrrell! Get out of my mind! [/EDIT]
-AK

Last edited:

smetzger

Explorer
No half-breeds are allowed by the rules. No Solar's because Outsiders aren't allowed.

I did some research Gargoyle is a good second choice. And if the situation requires actual flying and not _just_ a Jump +30 then this is a first choice.

But I think Green Hag takes the cake with a +11 natural AC and a strength of 19.

Interesting enough if I were to Polymorph him into a Stone Giant and then cast Reduce 50% on him; he would still have reach and he would still get the Large bonus when grappling and then he could fit in those smaller dungeon rooms.

Remove ads