• Yes, usually.

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • No, not often.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • No! Never!

Votes: 35 47.3%

Rune

Once A Fool
I guess I should answer my own question, so...

I do, in rare circumstances, allow players into my campaigns, but they usually don't want to pay the fee...

Maerdwyn

First Post
We have six DMs sitting around a table. It usually goes something like this:

DM1: Okay You're walking down the corridor when a group of 4 bugbears comes into view around the corner.

DM2: Which side of the corridor - show me on the battle mat (DM1 complies) Ha! The Lurker Above above drops on heir heads-

DM3: How long was it lying in wait ther?

DM2: two weeks--

DM3: HA! the Lurker is already dead because a band of adventurers set off a poison gas trap here last week.

DM4: What!?? Lurkers Above are immune to poison!

DM5: No They're not - doesn't say that here!

DM6: Well of course not - That's DM3's converson of the Lurker Above. Look at mine.

DM5: Okay, I'll go with the poison immunity, but CR4, what were you thinking? In any case my DMPC ranger attacks the lurker with his two scimitars. He hits AC 17 with the first swing and AC15 with the second.

DM1: No you don't; you miss both times - the variant ranger doesn't get two weapon fighting...

etc.

Last edited:

Melan

Explorer
Sock puppets all the way, baby! They are so good, they can level up just from XP given for good roleplaying!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
One wonders why some people get annoyed at all the polls when the ya re all as informitive and thought-provoking as this one. :D

Rune

Once A Fool
Maerdwyn said:
We have six DMs sitting around a table. It usually goes something like this:

DM1: Okay You're walking down the corridor when a group of 4 bugbears comes into view around the corner.

DM2: Which side of the corridor - show me on the battle mat (DM1 complies) Ha! The Lurker Above above drops on heir heads-

DM3: How long was it lying in wait ther?

DM2: two weeks--

DM3: HA! the Lurker is already dead because a band of adventurers set off a poison gas trap here last week.

DM4: What!?? Lurkers Above are immune to poison!

DM5: No They're not - doesn't say that here!

DM6: Well of course not - That's DM3's converson of the Lurker Above. Look at mine.

DM5: Okay, I'll go with the poison immunity, but CR4, what were you thinking? In any case my DMPC ranger attacks the lurker with his two scimitars. He hits AC 17 with the first swing and AC15 with the second.

DM1: No you don't; you miss both times - the variant ranger doesn't get two weapon fighting...

etc.

Ack! I feel your pain!

Rune

Once A Fool
nemmerle said:
One wonders why some people get annoyed at all the polls when the ya re all as informitive and thought-provoking as this one. :D

Hey, I was going to post a poll about who's tired of all the poles!

Last edited:

Remove ads