Have you felt love?

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Have you ever felt deep, moving, tingling, heart-and-soul-felt love for someone? For more than one someone? How many times? Did the feeling end? (I don't mean did the relationship end, I mean the love end.)

Bullgrit

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Yes. Yes. Twice.

My first love: I'm not sure if the feeling ended. Our relationship was as friends and my love for her changed focus from romantic to platonic. She moved away and our friendship slowly faded. I haven't communicated with her for many years.

My second love: I can't imagine it ever ending. I could see our relationship ending (although I hope that wouldn't happen), but I can't ever picture not loving her even if we grew apart. We've been married almost 17 years and started dating almost three years before that. This winter will be two decades since we met at a friend's Christmas party.

Jhaelen

First Post
Have you ever felt deep, moving, tingling, heart-and-soul-felt love for someone? For more than one someone? How many times? Did the feeling end? (I don't mean did the relationship end, I mean the love end.)
Yes, no, twice, and yes. It takes a long time for the feeling of love to fade (about 5-10 years, I'd say), and then it's gradually replaced by something else which I cannot quite describe. A sort of longing for the lost feeling?

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Have you ever felt deep, moving, tingling, heart-and-soul-felt love for someone?
Oh, yes. My life is devoted to love.
For more than one someone?
So many someones. So strong. I have a talent for it.
How many times?
Oh, god... twelve times? Various degrees, obviously, though they all meet your initial description. I'd say that four out of the ten are more minor, comparatively. The top four are / were tremendously loving. Far, far more than I'd ever expected to be able to love someone.
Did the feeling end? (I don't mean did the relationship end, I mean the love end.)
The feeling ended for one of them, yes. First girlfriend / first love (dated for over a year as an adult). The love never really ended, though the depth described by you initially certainly did. For the other eleven, they've changed in depth or scope, but I definitely still feel that loving towards them.

But, those three that I love the most... it's crazy, man. Just crazy love. I'm a lucky person, to be sure. Always have been :)

Remove ads